When the arrival of a new granddaughter came, I had visions of scrapping lovely photos. Gentle, sweet images. Alas, that does not seem to be the case, and I'm glad I didn't purchase a bunch of pink, girly supplies to gather dust and clutter up my hard drive! I can probably make do with my two sheets of pink paper, and recolor any others that I might need. Oh, expectations!
My first two children were boys, and despite my (2nd) husband's feeling that this is how boys are, it isn't how my boys were. Perhaps spending their earliest years in England was part of it, but even when they were royally spoiled by Thai maids, they were not rowdy or hellions. But times change and all children are different. This little man is as smart as a whip and seems to have the brains of his PhD dad to balance his high energy level.
So, sometimes, you just go with what you've got as opposed to what you thought you might get, and make the best of it. Not just in scrapping, but in life. Seems like a good way to avoid regrets. It works for me!
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (335)
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having ...
As my dh just got me the Apple TV box for my movie and tv show viewing, I think I will try to watch some movie classics during the summer. B...
I have a good life. Very little is really wrong but every once in a while some little things bug me. Here are a few of the recent ones. ...
My late father was a WWII veteran. He survived but died of ALS at age 53. I'm always amazed when I hear of his peers who are still ali...
This was a fairly - fairly - quiet week with a busy weekend! My grandson's high school graduation. I think this may be the last of the p...
This ad caught my eye a few weeks ago, and when it was in our weekend paper again, I took a pic of it. We do have an old house, old like ear...
We left my dh walking up the hills of this Czech town. He told me he enjoyed it but once again there are only so many towns with important ...
not an apple, but rather a watermelon slicer!
Taking a weekend break with welcome family visits. Good times!
Back to this travelog, so far back in my mind but actually it was November 2012. Veterans Day for us in Regensburg Germany. Regensbur...