When the arrival of a new granddaughter came, I had visions of scrapping lovely photos. Gentle, sweet images. Alas, that does not seem to be the case, and I'm glad I didn't purchase a bunch of pink, girly supplies to gather dust and clutter up my hard drive! I can probably make do with my two sheets of pink paper, and recolor any others that I might need. Oh, expectations!
My first two children were boys, and despite my (2nd) husband's feeling that this is how boys are, it isn't how my boys were. Perhaps spending their earliest years in England was part of it, but even when they were royally spoiled by Thai maids, they were not rowdy or hellions. But times change and all children are different. This little man is as smart as a whip and seems to have the brains of his PhD dad to balance his high energy level.
So, sometimes, you just go with what you've got as opposed to what you thought you might get, and make the best of it. Not just in scrapping, but in life. Seems like a good way to avoid regrets. It works for me!
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (335)
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having ...
Every time I see this photo I recall how much I loved that dress. My mother and nana made all my clothes and I think I had more than one dre...
Thing for this Friday; some I found and some my little brain just thought. Lots of times, the found things are ones that I want in my little...
My senior center offered a Mixed-Media class this semester, and going against my rule of Schedule NOTHING on Monday, I signed up. I missed ...
At various times I've talked about my mugs for my morning tea. Let me tell you that just going to mugs back in the 80s was a big deal fo...
I love this little app - Collect - and how it nicely asks you at the end of the day if you have taken your Collect image. Well, I took this...
Dessert the other night at Hospice was banana pudding, a dessert I've never chosen to eat but one that many people rave about. I cooked...
A Journey of 1000 Steps always has an end. Eventually. Sometimes that end can be a long time in the coming though. Last year, we spotte...