When the arrival of a new granddaughter came, I had visions of scrapping lovely photos. Gentle, sweet images. Alas, that does not seem to be the case, and I'm glad I didn't purchase a bunch of pink, girly supplies to gather dust and clutter up my hard drive! I can probably make do with my two sheets of pink paper, and recolor any others that I might need. Oh, expectations!
My first two children were boys, and despite my (2nd) husband's feeling that this is how boys are, it isn't how my boys were. Perhaps spending their earliest years in England was part of it, but even when they were royally spoiled by Thai maids, they were not rowdy or hellions. But times change and all children are different. This little man is as smart as a whip and seems to have the brains of his PhD dad to balance his high energy level.
So, sometimes, you just go with what you've got as opposed to what you thought you might get, and make the best of it. Not just in scrapping, but in life. Seems like a good way to avoid regrets. It works for me!
- ► 2014 (127)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Long long ago we visited friends (former co-workers from Bangkok) while we were in Malawi and they were in the Sudan. It was an interestin...
I will be happily watching the World Cup all weekend, which is a a wonderful way to celebrate all the countries of the world.
We arrived in England in the summer of 1968 but had to wait quite a few months til out house was done. We quickly learned about the Engli...
After our time in Belem, we had another plan for the day. The tram rides gave us such a good feel for the city and were so inexpensive. An...
1. Ola, Ole...well kind of. I have watched more of this World Cup than an other in my lifetime, and as much as my heart went out to Brazil, ...
No not week 25 yet. This is week 28 for me and that means my exercise classes start again. This semester I am taking water aerobics and pila...
My mother had started the habit of holding his basket and then rehiding the eggs on him when we realized he was a very good spotter at ag...