When the arrival of a new granddaughter came, I had visions of scrapping lovely photos. Gentle, sweet images. Alas, that does not seem to be the case, and I'm glad I didn't purchase a bunch of pink, girly supplies to gather dust and clutter up my hard drive! I can probably make do with my two sheets of pink paper, and recolor any others that I might need. Oh, expectations!
My first two children were boys, and despite my (2nd) husband's feeling that this is how boys are, it isn't how my boys were. Perhaps spending their earliest years in England was part of it, but even when they were royally spoiled by Thai maids, they were not rowdy or hellions. But times change and all children are different. This little man is as smart as a whip and seems to have the brains of his PhD dad to balance his high energy level.
So, sometimes, you just go with what you've got as opposed to what you thought you might get, and make the best of it. Not just in scrapping, but in life. Seems like a good way to avoid regrets. It works for me!
- ► 2015 (190)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
This photo of my daughter and friends (?) had to be in the 80s or else Mamie was just back from a NASA mission.
An easy start to the day and then retracing my steps somewhat as I headed south. It was more of a keep driving trip but I had hoped to find...
A wonderful week with a trip across the Potomac to visit Dick's cousin and son. A perfect autumn day to start this week. Home life w...
The final days at Hilton Head got a more artsy treatment. I haven't done that for a while and I've missed it but I have to be in the...
A mixed week with a lot of good and a couple of doses of crazy. Fortunately, none of the crazy belongs to us! Not my circus, not my monkeys...
I loved this project so much when I did it last November, when on Day 11 I had my knee replaced. I really didn't know how I would actual...
found on blazepress.com
Lately it seems that each thing I want or need to do has something that I need to do first. The primary one that comes to mind was printing ...