I don't even know if this London building still exists, but I sure wouldn't open that door this close to Halloween! Would you?
It really is amazing to think of buildings so ancient standing in the present day. I know when I first moved to England, I could not get over the fact that there was a pub not too far away that dated to the 1100s. Can you believe it??? A lot of my 'old' only went back to Revolutionary days in the United States, or perhaps seeing Jamestown as a child. What I recall most of all about Jamestown is the incredible heat and humidity down there that summer. It was even worse than the Washington DC area where I lived. Heat and humidity have never been my friends. Still aren't.
But this building? I doubt that heat has ever crossed that threshold. Cold and damp? Oh yes! I have no doubt. In fact just looking at the image gives me chills. But my advice? Don't open a door like that, should you ever find one. Just sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
This was actually a dinner made on Thursday but as I will be at The Symphony this evening, I wrote this one ahead for you. You may consider...
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
Miata? Historic tags?
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
I love getting so many pages done in January. A Month of Challenges sounds daunting but it's only an hour or two each day. Lots of fun ...
original by tsevis