I don't even know if this London building still exists, but I sure wouldn't open that door this close to Halloween! Would you?
It really is amazing to think of buildings so ancient standing in the present day. I know when I first moved to England, I could not get over the fact that there was a pub not too far away that dated to the 1100s. Can you believe it??? A lot of my 'old' only went back to Revolutionary days in the United States, or perhaps seeing Jamestown as a child. What I recall most of all about Jamestown is the incredible heat and humidity down there that summer. It was even worse than the Washington DC area where I lived. Heat and humidity have never been my friends. Still aren't.
But this building? I doubt that heat has ever crossed that threshold. Cold and damp? Oh yes! I have no doubt. In fact just looking at the image gives me chills. But my advice? Don't open a door like that, should you ever find one. Just sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
- ► 2017 (86)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I tried to upload a video but ran into some glitches with Blogger so... this will have to do!
A lot of this week's photos concentrate on a trip we took to Baltimore. We have always donated used books to various sites but thi...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
Wrapping up April even tho there are some days left. I will be busily engaged this last week so this is coming a bit early. WATCHED: Change...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
original by tsevis
Back home after a week dog sitting, it''s so nice to be home. Steely Dan and some nice visuals to go along side.
We went down south to North Carolina so there were 4 pages for this week. I often try to keep even these BIG weeks to a 2 pager but not this...
Click here to see more about straightening your wayward cushions from the clever one at Thistlewood Farm