I don't even know if this London building still exists, but I sure wouldn't open that door this close to Halloween! Would you?
It really is amazing to think of buildings so ancient standing in the present day. I know when I first moved to England, I could not get over the fact that there was a pub not too far away that dated to the 1100s. Can you believe it??? A lot of my 'old' only went back to Revolutionary days in the United States, or perhaps seeing Jamestown as a child. What I recall most of all about Jamestown is the incredible heat and humidity down there that summer. It was even worse than the Washington DC area where I lived. Heat and humidity have never been my friends. Still aren't.
But this building? I doubt that heat has ever crossed that threshold. Cold and damp? Oh yes! I have no doubt. In fact just looking at the image gives me chills. But my advice? Don't open a door like that, should you ever find one. Just sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (340)
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 "They landed with such force, according to an eyewitness who was watching along with New York's mayor, Rud...
We moved to Thailand with two sons and were expected to be there for two years. However, in that time we adopted a little three year old lit...
Yep, I missed Monday, not because it was a holiday, but because it was damp and miserable. I'm sure I did stuff but who knows? I did wat...
A simple week, with rain, reading and a memorial service for a friend. The little black bordered photo on the first page came from the BBC ...
I often wonder how we really did live our lives before the net, and like a couple of jokers, I wish Al Gore had invented it sooner! One of ...
About Bekah... from Sharlah's friend The doctors told Sharlah today that Bekah's virus has progressed to pneumonia. She had a ver...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
as seen on Pinterest
It's funny that when ever we get together down North Carolina way, we often end up having dinner at the same restaurant. Is it tradition...