Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!

I don't even know if this London building still exists, but I sure wouldn't open that door this close to Halloween! Would you?


It really is amazing to think of buildings so ancient standing in the present day. I know when I first moved to England, I could not get over the fact that there was a pub not too far away that dated to the 1100s. Can you believe it??? A lot of my 'old' only went back to Revolutionary days in the United States, or perhaps seeing Jamestown as a child. What I recall most of all about Jamestown is the incredible heat and humidity down there that summer. It was even worse than the Washington DC area where I lived. Heat and humidity have never been my friends. Still aren't.

But this building? I doubt that heat has ever crossed that threshold. Cold and damp? Oh yes! I have no doubt. In fact just looking at the image gives me chills. But my advice? Don't open a door like that, should you ever find one. Just sayin'. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts