Here it is Friday and that means 5 Facts! I've never been short on either opinion or fact. "Fact" of course is often just a subjective view, but inside my big noodle, as my children called the brain, they tend to behave as facts. This, of course, is more the reader or listener's problem rather than mine! However, here I speaketh the truth.
This meme comes from
1. Chocolate for me is milk chocolate, period, and I absolutely adore the 1lb Belgian chocolate bar sold at Trader Jo's. Don't ask how often I buy one. You really don't want to know.
2. In high school, I loved debate and my specialty was extemp - Extemporaneous Speaking. See sentence 2 in the first paragraph of this blogpost.
3. The meniscus in my right knee is not only torn but pushed out of place. Shockingly so. I now have bone hitting bone there but the surgeon and I agree that surgery is not called for - yet. Periodic cortisone shots seem to help a lot. That and Aleve may buy me time.
4. Years ago when I lived in damp, cool, northern England, I grew roses, beautiful, healthy roses. I grew them by putting them in the ground. My house was built on an old pig farm. I had soil, oh did I have great soil. When I lived in Thailand I had orchid plants up the gazoo. Anywhere you walked, you were in danger of banging your head on an orchid. Beautiful orchids, all very cheap, like under $5. The moral is - garden with native plants and you'll do just fine.
5. I've started a new volunteer position, as a Student Coordinator. I'm not sure if I need my brains examined as I have learned that working with volunteers is often like 'herding cats.' Time will tell.
If you click on that little banner in this post, you'll see some more Friday Facts from other bloggers. Join in when you can!
- ► 2016 (195)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Taking a Hurricane Break!
- Sunday Serenade: Winds of 1967
- Hold Onto Your Hats!
- 5 Fact Friday - October 26, 2012
- AAM: The Saddest Short Story
- Wordless Wedsnesday: Better with Candles
- Tuesday Tutorial: Reducing Noise in PSE
- Monday Memory: Don't Open This Door!
- Sunday Serenade: Talk About an Ear Worm
- Not What I Had Imagined
- 5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: If the Shoe Fits
- Tuesday Tutorial: Just Japonize It!
- Sale Time is Coming!
- Sunday Serenade: No Stasis, No Way
- Oh Them Bones
- Flashback Friday: Who's Scared of Santa
- Wordless Wednesday: Mantra for Life
- Tuesday Tutorial:Finding the Original Pin on Pinte...
- AAM - Beach Week
- Sunday Serenade: Cause It's Good
- Flashback Friday: I Had a Kitchen in Tehran
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
the last of the baklava in 2011
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
Drum boy knew he was good when he got this set of drums. Yes, there is 'air drum' just like air guitar. It was a good start fo...
This map, found and now sold by Paula Kesselring at The Lily Pad as part of the Life is An Adventure collaboration, is one that shows w...
When my 2nd child was due, my Nana came to England to stay with us. She arrived before Christmas 1971 and baby Iain was born the January ...
These are some of the photos I had not seen for over 30 years. This set surprised me quite a bit as I did not recall coming back to Mar...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
All about me, and some recent movies. Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies do...
I don't know where Monday went or really where much of today went but there it is. The afternoon has arrived and the sun is setting. But...
Halloween week when he went down south for a couple weeks in anticipation of the satellite launch. Before that trip he had a guys dinner ...