Friday, October 19, 2012

5 Fact Friday - October 19, 2012

Sometime you just have to change things about, and this is one of them.  I think I will always be able to find five facts for Friday to share with you but sometimes the easy can be the hardest. So Flashback Friday is morphing into another title. (Check back with me on Monday to see what it becomes!)

This meme comes from


Will I add any images? I don't know. Maybe I will and maybe I won't. But this first Friday, I won't. btw, I used to do a lot of memes with some very talented Australian bloggers. As much fun as it was, I learned after a while that their craft work was much more handmade - think 'softies' - and most of mine was becoming strictly digital. But it was a lot of fun! So onto the subject at hand.

  1. October is probably my favorite month, but it seems I am almost always traveling in September, October or November, and I never seem to have the time to really enjoy this month.
  2. When I lived abroad, Halloween wasn't celebrated almost anywhere, so my children didn't have quite the 'American' experience now available nearly round the world.
  3. My son, the chef, taught me how to make gnocchi but I have come to realize I really don't like the potato version all that much. Oh well.
  4. I really don't care if my daily tea gets cold before I drink it but then again, it rarely gets cold unless it's the last cup of a 6 cup pot.
  5. The sound of wind going through a stand of bamboo is almost as soothing as ocean waves. Well, to me it is.

If you click on that little banner in this post, you'll see some more Friday Facts from other bloggers.  Join in when you can!



15 comments:

Robyn Greenhouse said...

How fun to have a chef in the family! I wish someone in my family would want to do some cooking!

Kathryn said...

Being an October baby this month is my favorite too.

Have a great weekend.

Patrice said...

Ooooh...the wind through bamboo...stirs the senses!

Heidi Hein said...

Oh yes, wind in the bamboo - so soothing!
September is my favourite month,it went by in a flash.
Heidi

Karen @ away for the weekend said...

I think I like any kind of gnocchi - and I've never heard wind in bamboo, but I can imagine it's wonderful. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of October!

Ana Eugénio said...

must be wonderful to listen to the wind like that :) I love the wind too. I'm your new follower.

Ana @ wonderland
xxo

Dotti said...

Hi, Maureen! So happy to find you! Do you want to come cook for me? I don't much like to cook ... in fact, have no clue what's for dinner this evening.

So happy to find you and I love your facts.

Dotti said...

BTW, Maureen ... I love tea, too. We have a sweet little tea company here in town and I found the cutest little teapot warmer, keeps the pot warm with a votive candle. I don't like cold tea ...

:-D

Deborah said...

apparently the idea of wind blowing through bamboo was as intriguing to many as it was to me ...

photecstasy said...

Great five facts... I so need to do mine for today. I have yet to do so! Perhaps they'll be ready just in time for Saturday, lol! I'm always two steps forward three steps back. I enjoyed your 5 facts!

Becs said...

Great 5 facts. I love the sound of wind in bamboo as well and October is my favourite too. :)

Shellshock said...

Thank you for stopping my site last week. I really enjoyed your Five Facts. I would love to hear the wind through bamboo! I'll have to search it out. Thanks for sharing.

geetlee said...

I never celebrated Halloween myself till I moved to the US :)
Loved your five facts, thanks for sharing.

Almond Tea said...

I'll drink tea cold, but not my coffee.

Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Is it sad that I have no clue what gnocchi is? I'm off to google it now. You've inspired me to learn something new!!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts