FF is usually not a wordy post but this is an image I am glad to say is in my past not my present. Monday I had a pinching feeling on the left side of my chest, like little nips. Not pain, but not a good feeling. For once, I bit the bullet, and told my dh and it was off to the emergency room for us.
Lots of exams including a nuclear stress test. btw, it can be done chemically instead of the dreaded 'treadmill from hell'! Eventually I was sent to Washington Hospital Center's Cath lab.
DH and I are familiar with this since he had HIS catheterization and subsequent heart stent done there 6 months ago. No, I was not thinking...Anything you can do, I can do better... But his problem made it clear to me that it was not the terrifying thing that it once was in 'the old days'. I had wanted to get a stress test myself, since so many heart problems remain hidden until it's too late. But my aching knee and then heel pain made me dread that accelerated time on the treadmill even more. Don't get me wrong. I will use the treadmill at the gym, but I don't go faster, I go up more of an incline to get my heart going.
My time in the Cath Lab resulted in , no stent, no more surgery. I got a clean bill of health for my heart but showing a bit of a twist in one part of one artery. Was that the reason for the pinching? Some things remain a mystery. Like my dh I was fortunate to have the catheterization done by a doctor who goes into the heart via the wrist not the groin. Recovery time is a few hours! While I did overnight again, it was because my procedure was done late in the day and I was glad to just go to sleep when and where I could.
Now? it's great to have all the tubes and bits out of my arm. This is just a flashback, and for that I certainly am grateful.
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (335)
I've never been a great fan of stripes but in small doses, imho, they do add a good bit to a scrapbooking page. Plus, there are times y...
It seems strange that this is a holiday because I think of President's Day as Feb 22nd. That shows my age but the other thing is that wh...
Well in the am, when I come down to get my tea, I often stop and look at the little birds that come up onto our deck for bread crumbs or sip...
This week my dh and I talked about how many apps we have on our phones that we don't use that much or even at all any more. I don't ...
Yes, this post has to start out with the Valentine's Day message but baby it's cold outside! We actually have a special lunch to...
I've never considered myself a trend-follower though once in a while I eventually do get with the bandwagon once I've seen the color...
Sometimes, I just can't wait to do something so I rush in without doing the things that might have been better done first. I wasn't ...
wonderful London memory
1. Of course February goes quickly. It's the shortest month but the persistent snow has made it a month of staying in with one day seem...
Just a quick one to say I started off the morning with my first visit to a Chiropractor. Very good appointment and yes, my x-rays explain a ...