Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
All about finally letting go... A foot note to this story is that a few months after giving Janie the tin of buttons, she returned t...
I saw this on a couple of other blogs and I thought it would help me sort out some of my own thoughts. Outside my window... It's over...
not any more
caught mid laugh
In having a week out west, this week is out of synch as Week 22 may get regular layouts or not. I'm still up in the air about that and w...
One day I will find out why some of the German cities are 'burgs' and some of them are 'bergs'. I think I got them rig...
When we were starting with the renovation in 2003 we had a new refrigerator, a temporary island that had the new cooktop and two of our fi...
San Angelo Texas. We were married and so were our friends Kelly and Sandy Meadows. This day was the wedding of our mutual friends Carl a...
Finishing up the day in Passau for me, it was a town I liked a lot. I wonder what it is like now after those terrible floods. Is ...
An interesting week.... 1. So you know when you put books on hold at the library? well it does seem to be feast or famine. I'm now in ...