Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
During our last days in Bahrain, Vice-President George Bush arrived in April on a 3 day visit. We all gathered in the Embassy courtyard, ge...
Two pages from Glamour magazine February 1974, Oh yeah, baby, you've won the RIGHT to smoke. I wonder if baby now has lined gray skin ...
I have not started another travel scrapping project but have one or two in mind. I have to visualize how I see the trip and what feel I want...
The weeks go on and it's a bit of a surprise to realize a quarter of the year has gone by. God help us, I believe winter is over and the...
Don't blame me for the beard and the outfit. I didn't know my current husband back then. Actually the beard looks a bit like the one...
Charlie Chaplin Ray Ploshansky "Girls"
Yes, it kinda sorta seems like Spring round here. At least with lovely bits of yellow and pink and purple scattered about people's yards...
While I am not far behind in doing these pages, I hope that this week I can finish up March and with it the idea of winter. Spring may have...
As we had had our lunch on board the ship, our main event in Durnstein was the Organ Concert. I really had enjoyed the walk along the river...