Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
For the longest time I was not a tv watcher. Then came a new husband who is not a tv watcher At All but I thought we could watch movies. Fai...
My last day in New York and I definitely accomplished two of the things that I had planned for this trip. In fact when discussing the trip w...
This is a very blurry shot but it brings back wonderful memories of my in laws visiting us in England. They came to babysit us while my xh a...
This was pretty much fun to scrap, once I got started. Boy is it difficult some times to just Do it! I'm ready to go back but not in t...
This was the week that ended with Valentine's Day and a lunch we were both looking forward to. The food was a disappointment with such a...
While his sister in later years paid no attention to her knitting lessons, firstborn son was his grandmother's first grandchild. He did ...
I have not started another travel scrapping project but have one or two in mind. I have to visualize how I see the trip and what feel I want...
My mother was a superb knitter as well as a seamstress. My grandmother could crochet anything as well as sew. I, however, had little inte...
click to see more