Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2015 (191)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
This photo of my daughter and friends (?) had to be in the 80s or else Mamie was just back from a NASA mission.
An easy start to the day and then retracing my steps somewhat as I headed south. It was more of a keep driving trip but I had hoped to find...
A wonderful week with a trip across the Potomac to visit Dick's cousin and son. A perfect autumn day to start this week. Home life w...
The final days at Hilton Head got a more artsy treatment. I haven't done that for a while and I've missed it but I have to be in the...
A mixed week with a lot of good and a couple of doses of crazy. Fortunately, none of the crazy belongs to us! Not my circus, not my monkeys...
I loved this project so much when I did it last November, when on Day 11 I had my knee replaced. I really didn't know how I would actual...
found on blazepress.com
Lately it seems that each thing I want or need to do has something that I need to do first. The primary one that comes to mind was printing ...