Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
It's good to be back blogging again. Sometimes I need a break and then I come back with a renewed interest. Does it work for you that wa...
My first full day in Boston was April 11. Lots of shopping at the Haymarket for food for a week of breakfasts and some dinners. It's ama...
Most of the time, like Dorie, I make my own hummus. Oh it sounds so wonderful to my ego to say "like Dorie" but it's true. I u...
This postcard of the Siam Intercontinental was from our last days in Bangkok. After we cleared out our house, we stayed here for a few days...
This video from Becky Higgins YouTube channel is great for the basics in travel photo. I do a lot of these tips but found some new ones. I h...
I am a bit behind in my travel stuff so I decided to make a new category for Tuesday. Every once in a while I see something on line that is...
Not the usual pocket scrapping for this week but then again it wasn't the usual kind of week. It included a very early Easter and a dep...
Many weeks I try to get some or all the blog posts done in advance, especially this one. I keep a running list of things I find interesting,...
Another day, another month. Wow. Sometimes in the year the days seem to go slowly but right now it seems like the days are starting to go q...