Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2016 (196)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
This map, found and now sold by Paula Kesselring at The Lily Pad as part of the Life is An Adventure collaboration, is one that shows w...
These are some of the photos I had not seen for over 30 years. This set surprised me quite a bit as I did not recall coming back to Mar...
the last of the baklava in 2011
When my 2nd child was due, my Nana came to England to stay with us. She arrived before Christmas 1971 and baby Iain was born the January ...
Miata? Historic tags?
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
I don't know where Monday went or really where much of today went but there it is. The afternoon has arrived and the sun is setting. But...
Halloween week when he went down south for a couple weeks in anticipation of the satellite launch. Before that trip he had a guys dinner ...