Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (335)
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having ...
Thing for this Friday; some I found and some my little brain just thought. Lots of times, the found things are ones that I want in my little...
My senior center offered a Mixed-Media class this semester, and going against my rule of Schedule NOTHING on Monday, I signed up. I missed ...
Every time I see this photo I recall how much I loved that dress. My mother and nana made all my clothes and I think I had more than one dre...
Ah Sebastian, you still have a secure place in our hearts. I saw this photo on my ehd and it was called Easter Cat. I don't know what ye...
Dessert the other night at Hospice was banana pudding, a dessert I've never chosen to eat but one that many people rave about. I cooked...
Spring, spring, spring. Once again, despite pollen, high winds etc etc, I am so so glad this winter is nearly over. Spring has been especia...
I love this little app - Collect - and how it nicely asks you at the end of the day if you have taken your Collect image. Well, I took this...
A Journey of 1000 Steps always has an end. Eventually. Sometimes that end can be a long time in the coming though. Last year, we spotte...
Christine, the Listgirl of the Fabulous Adventures of Listgirl , had a great video tutorial on how to color digital doodles over at Write.C...