Right after my extended stay in the hospital, I was able to go on a pre-planned retreat for the weekend. Down on the Potomac River, the retreat house has marvelous views. Calming and peaceful. Lots of good womanship, and time to regroup and recenter. Such a blessing. I especially enjoyed talking with several women who shared my experiences in both the expat life and the political life. While I don't really miss either, it was good to remember some of the unique times and how it was to return to the United States, sometimes feeling very very foreign.
Back home I'm catching up on some Project Life I started before I headed south.
Then a Challenge page which shows a 2011 position I hope to enjoy a bit more this week! Of course, there's a boot on my left foot now, but the afternoon lounging feels the same.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: You Can Hide!
- AAM: Project Life Weeks 29 & 30
- Sunday Serenade: Yes, Dorothy, This is Kansas
- Flashback Friday: Malta
- Wordless Wednesday: I ate this!
- Tuesday Tutorial: About That Clock
- AAM Project Life Week 28
- Sunday Serenade: Our Recent Welcome Weather
- Chirstmas in July - Memories i.e.
- Flashback Friday: Oh Those Summers
- Wordless Wednesday: The Path Taken
- Tuesday Tutorial: Yes, You Can Kern!
- AAM Monday Project Life Wk 26
- Flashback Friday: Oh What a Week
- Wordless Wednesday: At Least 2 Months of This
- Teusday Tutorial: Another PSE Quick Click Shortcut...
- AAM The Weeks That Were
- Oh Those Greeks!
- Happy Birthday Josie!
- Flashback Friday: Yankee Papa 13
- Wordless Wednesday: Celebrate
- Tuesday Tutorial: Get Back, Get Back
- AAM Monday: Who Doesn't Want an Assist?
- Sunday Serenade: A Stageful of Talent
- ▼ July (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...
Fun to work with some springlike colors for this week. Bunch of catching up , mostly at home, after the NYC trip . The air was pretty cool f...