All About Me Monday - One of the perks that comes when I dogsit is that my son and family have an Xbox hooked up to their TV. I can watch Netflix without hooking up my Macbook, a tedious process at home. Yes, I like my technology simple and clean, without cables strung across my living room. My grandchildren did have to show me how to operate the Xbox controller but after writing down the steps, I think it's in my head now.
Yesterday was one movie, a Wire in the Blood movie, and a full season of Portlandia, as well as a handful of episodes of House of Cards, a series I had always wanted to watch from the beginning. Over the years I had seen the odd episode here and there and really enjoyed it. "You might very well think that; but I couldn't possibly comment" oh so clever political doublespeak.
I had also planned to do some catch up on shows I never saw and don't intend to follow on regular TV, e.g Portlandia. I have no patience with commercials except for the rare show like Breaking Bad or Mad Men.
Today will probably be more of House of Cards as well as scrapbooking and keeping the dog happy. I look forward to an easygoing day, especially as it's damp and overcast here.
How about you? Make it a great Monday!
- ► 2014 (130)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Flashback Friday: End of School?
- 365 - Catchin' Up via Project Life
- Wordless Wednesday: So Not Historic
- Tuesday Tutorial: Making a Video Montage
- Sunday Serenade: Mellow Mellow Mellow
- Flashback Friday: Leap for Life!
- Winding Up the Dogsitting
- Wordless Wednesday: This Actually Made Sense
- Tuesday Tutorial: All those Shortcuts
- AAM Monday: A Netflix Day
- Sunday Serenade: I crossed the water
- Flashback Friday: Domodosolla
- Wordless Wednesday: So so delicious
- Tuesday Tutorial: What's Slowing my Mac?
- Sunday Serendade: June, no not the month!
- Flashback Friday: Just Hold This, Dear
- Once A Year or Maybe More
- Wordless Wednesday: He Likes Blue Shirts
- Tuesday Tutorial; Making Stripes
- Starting that Italy Album
- Sunday Serenade: Oh Melina...
- 365/Project Life 12 week 19
- Flashback Friday: Not This Year
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Long long ago we visited friends (former co-workers from Bangkok) while we were in Malawi and they were in the Sudan. It was an interestin...
I will be happily watching the World Cup all weekend, which is a a wonderful way to celebrate all the countries of the world.
We arrived in England in the summer of 1968 but had to wait quite a few months til out house was done. We quickly learned about the Engli...
After our time in Belem, we had another plan for the day. The tram rides gave us such a good feel for the city and were so inexpensive. An...
1. Ola, Ole...well kind of. I have watched more of this World Cup than an other in my lifetime, and as much as my heart went out to Brazil, ...
No not week 25 yet. This is week 28 for me and that means my exercise classes start again. This semester I am taking water aerobics and pila...
While visiting in England in the summer of 1981, we were in Ripley with friends during the celebrations for the wedding of Charles and Diana...