All About Me Monday - One of the perks that comes when I dogsit is that my son and family have an Xbox hooked up to their TV. I can watch Netflix without hooking up my Macbook, a tedious process at home. Yes, I like my technology simple and clean, without cables strung across my living room. My grandchildren did have to show me how to operate the Xbox controller but after writing down the steps, I think it's in my head now.
Yesterday was one movie, a Wire in the Blood movie, and a full season of Portlandia, as well as a handful of episodes of House of Cards, a series I had always wanted to watch from the beginning. Over the years I had seen the odd episode here and there and really enjoyed it. "You might very well think that; but I couldn't possibly comment" oh so clever political doublespeak.
I had also planned to do some catch up on shows I never saw and don't intend to follow on regular TV, e.g Portlandia. I have no patience with commercials except for the rare show like Breaking Bad or Mad Men.
Today will probably be more of House of Cards as well as scrapbooking and keeping the dog happy. I look forward to an easygoing day, especially as it's damp and overcast here.
How about you? Make it a great Monday!
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Flashback Friday: End of School?
- 365 - Catchin' Up via Project Life
- Wordless Wednesday: So Not Historic
- Tuesday Tutorial: Making a Video Montage
- Sunday Serenade: Mellow Mellow Mellow
- Flashback Friday: Leap for Life!
- Winding Up the Dogsitting
- Wordless Wednesday: This Actually Made Sense
- Tuesday Tutorial: All those Shortcuts
- AAM Monday: A Netflix Day
- Sunday Serenade: I crossed the water
- Flashback Friday: Domodosolla
- Wordless Wednesday: So so delicious
- Tuesday Tutorial: What's Slowing my Mac?
- Sunday Serendade: June, no not the month!
- Flashback Friday: Just Hold This, Dear
- Once A Year or Maybe More
- Wordless Wednesday: He Likes Blue Shirts
- Tuesday Tutorial; Making Stripes
- Starting that Italy Album
- Sunday Serenade: Oh Melina...
- 365/Project Life 12 week 19
- Flashback Friday: Not This Year
- ▼ June (23)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
I somehow don't find it hard at all to write 2015. Some years it takes me a long time to become accustomed to the new date but not this ...
This is not quite a tutorial today, but rather a where-to-find. I believe I had this screensaver on a former computer. However, having h...
1. Things I didn't know....re interstates. On the east coast we say e.g. I-95 (aka known as the road from hell) but in California they ...
Tomorrow will mark 8 weeks since knee surgery and I've missed the activity of exercise and movement. While PT was great, when it ended ...
When we first bought a timeshare in SC, we started the tradition of stopping for lunch in Midlothian just outside of Richmond VA. It was the...
We really haven't done much or gone anywhere this holiday season and that has been fine with me. I didn't do my traditional December...
Each trip to Northern Italy has involved an attempted trip to the Swiss border. It's never quite happened and this day was no exception....
Not a lot going on this week or even a lot of thoughts in my head. Winter time brain perhaps, but it does feel just right. Then again, the b...
A few years ago, I saw this and checked off my list. I was 66 at the time and I had done 66 items! Well at 70 I've just done a few more...
While things have happened round here and we both have gone places, it's been a nice good slow start to the year. Staying in, some very ...