Oh really, is there ever too much of California? Well to this solid East Coast woman, it's always a surprise that I love California so much. Maybe it brings out the CA girl in all of us! the one I never was when I was a girl. In any case, we had so much fun this trip. I speak for myself. I'll have to ask him, Mr. Process it Slowly, what he thought now that it's a few months down the road.
After our time at the market, we headed over to Oakland and met up with our son in the Coast Guard. We had a full tour of the ship and while a good bit went over my head and wore out my legs standing, it made my husband happy and proud of his son. As I say on the page below, the great Mexican food at lunch revived me. All in all a really nice visit.
I have a hard time believing that we did even more that day but seeing is believing. A trip to the Asian Museum, a jaunt down to Ghiradelli Square and the harbor and finally a Thai dinner.
Just writing about that day makes me feel like a nap! More from this January trip another day.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Wordless Wednesday: I want her coat!
- Never Forget
- Flashback Friday: Just Two Weeks Ago?
- A Walk to Remember
- Life is Good
- 24 hours in Milan
- Flashback Friday: I Remember This
- This is Pretty Typical
- Tuesday Tutorial: PSE Drop Shadows on their own La...
- I saw These!
- The Way it Started
- Blogging Break
- Wordless Wednesday - NYC Sad
- San Francisco Finale
- Sunday Serenade: Zone Out
- Flashback Friday: Rosita la Remachadora
- A Little Bit More California
- Wordless Wednesday: Could This Work?
- Tuesday Tutorial: Printing Small Photos for Projec...
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1. Well for starters I am not in Washington and will do whatever I can to avoid any mention of the inaguration of that person. God help the...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...