Monday, April 2, 2012
AAM: Before But No After Yet
Ok, so what you see on the left came from the once crammed drawer on the right. Now I got as far as getting the dividers in, three baskets in that second row, and then it all stopped. I needed time. I thought I would have two days home alone to spread that basket full of great kitchen items all over the large island. I could take my time, study what I wanted, then go back and reevaluate all those decisions after a good night sleep.
Nope. Didn't happen. He decided not to go on the overnight biking trip because it got too cold. Understandable, but now I don't know when I'll have the free time again. I need time and space. These decisions do not come easily to me. I have sorely regretted decisions based on that old standard 'if you haven't used it in x amount of time. Sometimes I haven't used it just because I couldn't see it or I didn't have the skills yet. Mild gnashing of teeth occurred. I don't want to repeat that. I like to cook. I like my tools. I want them all!!
But enough. The laundry basket stays. It survived one company evening already. I can live with a few more if need be. Upscale problems as always.
- ► 2016 (195)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Change - Just a Bit!
- Sunday Serenade: Hello Christopher!
- Still California
- Flashback Friday: Mangiamo!
- Oh California!
- Wordless Wednesday: I try!
- Tuesday Tutorial: POP Those Photos
- Sunday Serenade: How's Your Sunday?
- Flashback Friday: Bathing Suit Season's Coming
- Scrapping a Blog Post
- Wordless Wednesday: Awesome
- Tuesday Tutorial: Adding a Flickr Photo to Blogger...
- Sunday Serenade: Long Distance Call
- Flashback Friday: Close to Home
- Easter 2012
- Wordless Wednesday: Looking for Wisdom
- Tuesday Tutorial: Warming Up
- Sunday Serenade - Lots of Grilling Leads To...
- Oh The Fun...
- Flashback Friday: Not This Year
- Wordless Wednesday: Seen in San Francisco
- No Tuesday Tutorial :-( No Not This Week
- AAM: Before But No After Yet
- Sunday Serenade - Is This What's To Come?
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
the last of the baklava in 2011
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
This map, found and now sold by Paula Kesselring at The Lily Pad as part of the Life is An Adventure collaboration, is one that shows w...
When my 2nd child was due, my Nana came to England to stay with us. She arrived before Christmas 1971 and baby Iain was born the January ...
These are some of the photos I had not seen for over 30 years. This set surprised me quite a bit as I did not recall coming back to Mar...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and l...
I don't know where Monday went or really where much of today went but there it is. The afternoon has arrived and the sun is setting. But...
Miata? Historic tags?
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...