Those words trip of most of our tongues quite easily. We all know in our head how to do it...you Just Do It. But even when the heart is engaged in the process, somehow the world doesn't always let it happen. Questions about her keep coming in. Some of them are just concerned friends who could just as easily call her to ask her how she is. Do they? Will she speak to them? Some of them ask me to project an outcome based on her ...what? past history? current situation? information I don't have or need to have or even can have? I can do many things but not predict the unpredictable.
Other questions come from professionals because in the end it's easier for her to refer them to Mom rather than answer them herself. Turning over and sleeping keeps her problem at a distance. Does she even know some of the details of her own life? Where is her important paperwork? Packed in a garbage back from when she was evicted. Most of us women keep our id in our purses. When we go out that id is invariably with us. We know how it would be needed ...in case. She's rarely grasped that concept. She says it's not important. Once again, it is important.
So today has been 5 days since she's lived in our house but her unmanagability keeps seeping back in with the questions that concern her life, and her choices. This time she has cancer. The stakes are higher. But the pattern is no different. For over 20 years it's been a desire for someone to rescue her, to fix it all, to make it go away. She's 38 years old. One change is that I'm no longer taking that role. I've let it go and said, It's not my responsibility. It's yours.
This time the issue really may go away. Really go away...and then the final letting for those of us still alive will just continue. It's already started.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- Tuesday Tutorial: Oh those pesky PSE actions
- A bit of a break
- Wordless Wednesday: The Chef Feeds His Family
- Tuesday Tutorial - Ok not exactly a Tutorial
- AAM Monday: 365 Wk 6 Starting Closure
- Sunday Serenade - Currently Watching
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Wordless Wednesday 12.02.15 - Delish
- Is this all?
- Sunday Serenade - 12. 02.11 Snow
- Flashback Friday - Blank Refusal
- Wordless Wednesday - 12 02 08 - Tapas
- Technique Tuesday - Making a PSE Overlay
- Love Abounds
- Sunday Serenade - You've Gotta Go Where You Wanna ...
- Letting go is easy to say
- Last week
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
Miata? Historic tags?