Last Saturday, I planned to do a lot of enjoyable things - read, scrapbooking, maybe watch a Netflix movie. Nothing urgent, just a lot of pleasant things while my dh was away. One afternoon phone cal changed everything.
My daughter was being taken from her home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Baltimore with a suspected brain infection. By the time she got there after 9pm, I had spent several hours waiting. Within a day or so, the brain infection was found to be a 'significant' mass behind her left eye. Cat scans, a MRI and finally a PET scan led to a diagnosis. She had malignant cancer in both that large mass and another one in her neck lymph node. There didn't appear to be an cancer cells showing up below her neck.
Today she was transferred to one of the cancer wards, and will start both chemotherapy and later radiation to deal with her tumor. We are looking at 7-8 weeks of treatment at UMD Medical Center Baltimore. It is overwhelming but she does want to live. All of this in less than a week....
Your prayers, and healing thoughts are certainly appreciated for her, and also for me.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- 365 week 3, oh what a week it was
- Wait and wait some more
- Week 1 was sooooo long ago
- How Fast Life Changes
- A bit of scrapping - 366 style
- Hello LA, Hello MD
- Sunday Serenade - I'll be Singing This Soon
- Flashback Friday - San Francisco 1906
- Wordless Wednesday - Hard to Do This These Days
- A new Day, a new Year
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
Week 29 with lots of attention to a badly neglected garden. Not all got done but then it had been quite a few weeks of hot hot weather an...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
cure for brain troubles...if only
1. I love Pinterest and the way you can find some of the most amazing things. I saw this drink this week, Sekanjibin, one of those now popu...
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...