Last Saturday, I planned to do a lot of enjoyable things - read, scrapbooking, maybe watch a Netflix movie. Nothing urgent, just a lot of pleasant things while my dh was away. One afternoon phone cal changed everything.
My daughter was being taken from her home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland to Baltimore with a suspected brain infection. By the time she got there after 9pm, I had spent several hours waiting. Within a day or so, the brain infection was found to be a 'significant' mass behind her left eye. Cat scans, a MRI and finally a PET scan led to a diagnosis. She had malignant cancer in both that large mass and another one in her neck lymph node. There didn't appear to be an cancer cells showing up below her neck.
Today she was transferred to one of the cancer wards, and will start both chemotherapy and later radiation to deal with her tumor. We are looking at 7-8 weeks of treatment at UMD Medical Center Baltimore. It is overwhelming but she does want to live. All of this in less than a week....
Your prayers, and healing thoughts are certainly appreciated for her, and also for me.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- 365 week 3, oh what a week it was
- Wait and wait some more
- Week 1 was sooooo long ago
- How Fast Life Changes
- A bit of scrapping - 366 style
- Hello LA, Hello MD
- Sunday Serenade - I'll be Singing This Soon
- Flashback Friday - San Francisco 1906
- Wordless Wednesday - Hard to Do This These Days
- A new Day, a new Year
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2011 (235)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
Waking up in London is always nice. Then there's airplane brekkie. It was pretty good though we both passed on the granola bar. Dry as s...
1. Well for starters I am not in Washington and will do whatever I can to avoid any mention of the inaguration of that person. God help the...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...