Since we had planned to be in Europe around now, I had decided I wouldn't do a December Daily this year. I would just document the Christmas Market cruise as my December and make it Christmas like as well as a trip documentation. Well that plan went by the wayside with my dh's scheduled heart surgery. Not terribly serious but not what we expected and no trip either. It's good to be safe and that's the main point.
However... looking at people's December Daily pages on line did get me into the mood to do something. But what? I haven't decorated the house very much and don't plan to. We don't send cards, I'm not much of a baker and both of us could do without that kind of temptation. So what should I make???? I finally decided on documenting some old memories. Most of them will have to be mine since I have almost no photos of my dh as a child, and only one or two of even winter. I've started. I'm not sure how many I'll do but it will be more than I've had! Here are my beginnings.
Now we have one of my dh. Different format which I think I will keep for his. He gets the artsy ones! I'll get the more traditional, simpler ones. Those are easier for me to add a longer bit of journaling. It's all about the story here.
Are you doing a December Daily? I'd love to have a link to what you're doing this year if you are. If not, it's never to late to do just something to make this Christmas special.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- I'm asking you...
- Flashback Friday - That Old Kitchen
- Thursday 365 Catch Up
- Tuesday Tutorial - Jen Caputo
- AAM Me and Him
- Merry Christmas 2011
- Take Time for a Laugh
- Celebrating Christmas
- From a photo to a layout
- Wordless Wednesday- Signs of the Season
- Let's Make this Texture Tuesday
- AAM Monday - Memories, Memories
- Sunday Serendade - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart...
- Flashback Friday ...My Transition Kitchen
- Hello Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday- A New Lease on Life
- AAM Monday Doctors and more Doctors
- Picture not Sound today
- Flashback Friday ...Will my Soapstone Crack??
- December Memories
- Wordless Wednesday 11 12 07 - Goodbye Harry!
- It's What I Like
- NYC Wrap Up
- Sunday Serenade - Thank you NPR
- Christmas Plans
- Flashback Friday - Younger & Thinner
- New York, yes there's more
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...
Fun to work with some springlike colors for this week. Bunch of catching up , mostly at home, after the NYC trip . The air was pretty cool f...