Since we had planned to be in Europe around now, I had decided I wouldn't do a December Daily this year. I would just document the Christmas Market cruise as my December and make it Christmas like as well as a trip documentation. Well that plan went by the wayside with my dh's scheduled heart surgery. Not terribly serious but not what we expected and no trip either. It's good to be safe and that's the main point.
However... looking at people's December Daily pages on line did get me into the mood to do something. But what? I haven't decorated the house very much and don't plan to. We don't send cards, I'm not much of a baker and both of us could do without that kind of temptation. So what should I make???? I finally decided on documenting some old memories. Most of them will have to be mine since I have almost no photos of my dh as a child, and only one or two of even winter. I've started. I'm not sure how many I'll do but it will be more than I've had! Here are my beginnings.
Now we have one of my dh. Different format which I think I will keep for his. He gets the artsy ones! I'll get the more traditional, simpler ones. Those are easier for me to add a longer bit of journaling. It's all about the story here.
Are you doing a December Daily? I'd love to have a link to what you're doing this year if you are. If not, it's never to late to do just something to make this Christmas special.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- I'm asking you...
- Flashback Friday - That Old Kitchen
- Thursday 365 Catch Up
- Tuesday Tutorial - Jen Caputo
- AAM Me and Him
- Merry Christmas 2011
- Take Time for a Laugh
- Celebrating Christmas
- From a photo to a layout
- Wordless Wednesday- Signs of the Season
- Let's Make this Texture Tuesday
- AAM Monday - Memories, Memories
- Sunday Serendade - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart...
- Flashback Friday ...My Transition Kitchen
- Hello Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday- A New Lease on Life
- AAM Monday Doctors and more Doctors
- Picture not Sound today
- Flashback Friday ...Will my Soapstone Crack??
- December Memories
- Wordless Wednesday 11 12 07 - Goodbye Harry!
- It's What I Like
- NYC Wrap Up
- Sunday Serenade - Thank you NPR
- Christmas Plans
- Flashback Friday - Younger & Thinner
- New York, yes there's more
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
When Annapolis really was a seagoing town. When Annapolis had sailing vessels in the harbor that were not luxury boats for the 'carria...
The blond in the center of the photo is #2 son after his high school graduation in Paris. He just turned 44 yesterday so time has pass...
"...I'll remember him. Running towards me, arms wide, hair blowing back from his forehead, laughing like he hadn't a care in th...
In the 1950s and 60s, my father sold tires in Washington DC at 23rd and M NW. He had occasion to meet many influential people at this job as...
I have tried the Project Life app in the past and didn't quite get it. Now I do! I was also testing some actions for WendyZine I can see...
1. When we got married, I kind of assumed we'd have a dog as he had always had dogs. But no, no interest. Maybe this is the way to go. ...
Hello Friday! Even though I'm retired and none of my life has revolved around school schedules for a long time, the Monday-Friday patter...