Going back over the Christmas photos from my past, a lot of memories come back. Some good memories, but mostly feeling the sadness of some of those years. Years where my parents' marriage was not living up to the hopes and dreams they both had had. I never heard from my father about his side of marriage but I often heard my mother's side. I can understand my natural inclination to side with my mother, the only parent I had known during those war years. But today, I look back and feel the sadness and wish it could have been different, not just for me, but for them.
My father died in 1973 and my mother died in 1981. That's a lot of years to be without parents. I do, however, feel that they are both at peace now and once again sharing the love the brought them together. Today, thinking of them brings me as much joy as it once brought sadness. Feeling those feelings was worth it.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- I'm asking you...
- Flashback Friday - That Old Kitchen
- Thursday 365 Catch Up
- Tuesday Tutorial - Jen Caputo
- AAM Me and Him
- Merry Christmas 2011
- Take Time for a Laugh
- Celebrating Christmas
- From a photo to a layout
- Wordless Wednesday- Signs of the Season
- Let's Make this Texture Tuesday
- AAM Monday - Memories, Memories
- Sunday Serendade - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart...
- Flashback Friday ...My Transition Kitchen
- Hello Thursday
- Wordless Wednesday- A New Lease on Life
- AAM Monday Doctors and more Doctors
- Picture not Sound today
- Flashback Friday ...Will my Soapstone Crack??
- December Memories
- Wordless Wednesday 11 12 07 - Goodbye Harry!
- It's What I Like
- NYC Wrap Up
- Sunday Serenade - Thank you NPR
- Christmas Plans
- Flashback Friday - Younger & Thinner
- New York, yes there's more
- ▼ December (27)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
Yes, I'll miss you too but sometimes a vacation is what is needed. I'm having a solo trip out west in the land of green chiles, R...
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...
This afternoon, I will actually be doing week 33 which just ended but this week I am still thinking of doing a modified Week in the Life for...
The photo is dated 1931 and it looks like it was taken near my grandparents' home in Hazleton PA. My maternal grandfather was a coal min...