Monday, December 19, 2011

AAM Monday - Memories, Memories

Going back over the Christmas photos from my past, a lot of memories come back. Some good memories, but mostly feeling the sadness of some of those years. Years where my parents' marriage was not living up to the hopes and dreams they both had had. I never heard from my father about his side of marriage but I often heard my mother's side. I can understand my natural inclination to side with my mother, the only parent I had known during those war years. But today, I look back and feel the sadness and wish it could have been different, not just for me, but for them. 


My father died in 1973 and my mother died in 1981. That's a lot of years to be without parents. I do, however, feel that they are both at peace now and once again sharing the love the brought them together. Today, thinking of them brings me as much joy as it once brought sadness. Feeling those feelings was worth it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts