We haven't been to Chicago for a while, and a recent trip we had planned ended up a no-go. It seems that there was a shortage of hotel space due to a/several large conventions. We went to New Orleans instead and had a great time but dh still missed his fall opera.
On a trip in 2006, we had good - meaning not frigid - weather and while walking down Michigan Avenue, I had my moment of fame. I was stopped by a radio interviewer and had a chance to speak about on line dating. I had tried it but was now happily married, for 5 whole years. That gave him a kick to think this old geezer had tried a 'current' and trendy topic, but found her man the old fashioned friend of a friend way. btw, this was the first time I had stopped coloring my hair and went back to red for another 5 years! Now I'm whitish gray again.
btw: I'm 5'7". That man was tall!
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 30
- Not Quite Technique Tuesday
- Murmuration...how cool is this!
- Oh no...did I eat too much?
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wordless Wednesday - November 23, 2011
- Beach Time Glorious Beachtime
- Flashback Friday - November 18, 2011
- Been here, Done this, and glad of it!
- Wordless Wednesday - November 16, 2011
- Tuesday Tutorial - Creating a Blog Header
- Flashback Friday - My Moment of Fame
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 09
- Tuesday Tutorials - Subway Art
- Sunday Serenade - November Rain
- Intternational Digital Scrappbook Day
- Flashback Friday - Occupy...
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 02
- Tuesday Tutorial - Unzipping
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
I can't be sure of the date but as my cousin Joe and I were both born in 1944, I'm thinking that our first communions would have bee...