We haven't been to Chicago for a while, and a recent trip we had planned ended up a no-go. It seems that there was a shortage of hotel space due to a/several large conventions. We went to New Orleans instead and had a great time but dh still missed his fall opera.
On a trip in 2006, we had good - meaning not frigid - weather and while walking down Michigan Avenue, I had my moment of fame. I was stopped by a radio interviewer and had a chance to speak about on line dating. I had tried it but was now happily married, for 5 whole years. That gave him a kick to think this old geezer had tried a 'current' and trendy topic, but found her man the old fashioned friend of a friend way. btw, this was the first time I had stopped coloring my hair and went back to red for another 5 years! Now I'm whitish gray again.
btw: I'm 5'7". That man was tall!
- ► 2016 (180)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 30
- Not Quite Technique Tuesday
- Murmuration...how cool is this!
- Oh no...did I eat too much?
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wordless Wednesday - November 23, 2011
- Beach Time Glorious Beachtime
- Flashback Friday - November 18, 2011
- Been here, Done this, and glad of it!
- Wordless Wednesday - November 16, 2011
- Tuesday Tutorial - Creating a Blog Header
- Flashback Friday - My Moment of Fame
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 09
- Tuesday Tutorials - Subway Art
- Sunday Serenade - November Rain
- Intternational Digital Scrappbook Day
- Flashback Friday - Occupy...
- Wordless Wednesday 11 11 02
- Tuesday Tutorial - Unzipping
- ▼ November (19)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
The whole point of our trip to Charlottesville VA was to to to the Green Valley book fair up near Harrisonburg. We buy books for a boys...
What can I say? I just couldn't find one that was easily added. But I'll try, I'll try and maybe there will be one next week o...
Breast cancer....no, no, I don't have it but I have a mammogram scheduled for next month. Trust me, they are not that bad, and for the ...
more than a thumbnail Originally uploaded by mudpig Wow...I've gotta get back to NYC. Cooler air, more energy to walk walk walk. Methi...
Cleaned up the worktable pre trip. I love seeing the wood again! One bit remaining from punching a bunch of items to send on to little ...
original by tsevis
Saw this over on Bits and Pieces and it got my day started with a smile. How The Day Sounds from Miky Wolf on Vimeo . Hope you like ho...
loved this look in UK
My lad was out in Western MD for a few days, visiting friends and riding his bike. When he does this, he invariably comes home early and I g...