Another three days to myself as dh goes on a short business trip. The weather is looking very Fall-Like with a gray drizzly day but the temperature is not down as much as I'd like. When it's rainy and still warmish, it tends to give me a headache. But that's such a slight problem in the scheme of life, it's not one to fret over.
I suspect most of us have our favorite blogs, the ones we turn to each morning, and when I read of a blogger hurting, a little piece of my heart cracks. That happened to me this morning and I too was sad for her. I know that my response is a good thing because that cracking heart is always cracking open a bit more. It doesn't always feel good, but it is a good thing for me and for most of us.
Here's a song for all those who find themselves in challenging times. I've loved this one since I first heard it back in the 60s. Thank you Pete!
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Winding Up
- Wordless Wednesday 11 09 28
- Tuesday Tutorial: Blending with Dynamic Brushes
- Sunday Serenade 11 09 25 Blossom Dearie
- Flashback Friday - 11 09 23 I Learned My Lesson!
- Wordless Wednesday 11 09 21
- Cracking My Heart
- Sunday Serenade 11 09 18 Beckett
- 50th High School reunion this weekend
- Flashback Friday 11 09 16 - R.I.P.Lynn
- Wordless Wednesday 11 09 14 - Baghdad 2004
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 09 13 Making a Dreamboard
- All About Me Monday - She's a Scrappin' Fool
- My Home My Heart
- Flahback Friday 11 09 09 Family Trio
- Must have had Gold on the Brain
- Wordless Wednesday 11 00 07 Crumlin Road Courthous...
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 09 06 Homemade Distressed Embo...
- Sunday Serenade 11 09 04
- Flahback Friday 11 09 02 Family Trio
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
I saw this on a couple of other blogs and I thought it would help me sort out some of my own thoughts. Outside my window... It's over...
All about finally letting go... A foot note to this story is that a few months after giving Janie the tin of buttons, she returned t...
on the banks of the Big Thompson
Years and years ago, my parents bought a piece of land in West Virginia. My mother had great dreams of building a house there, up on a hill ...
1.Truthfully, the River Cruise album is on its last pages but this is one I wanted to share now. Why? because my husband reminded me that it...
It was a late night flight from Bangkok to Rome, on our way back to the United States. One of us was not very happy about it and was not ev...
After a day's break on board we were set to be tourists again. Plus two inserts of things we saw and did.
An overcast day filled with the connotation of all that this city meant.
When I first arrived in Malawi, I had a job with the Director of the United States Information Agency and the Voice of America, Lillard Hil...