Friday, August 12, 2011
Flashback Friday 08 12 11
I just read in the paper that technology was replacing the US Senate pages. Another end to an era, but apparently some parts of that era vanished years ago. This photo shows a Senate page filling a snuff box in 1937! Since Washington DC was still very swampy back in the 30s and 40s, I think snuff might have also helped clear the sinuses! Maybe we still need snuff today...
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 31 Road Trip!
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 30 Homemade Glimmer Mist
- AAM Monday Taking Measure
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 28 Hurricane Music
- Flashback Friday 11 08 26 - What a couple!
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 24 - Is this a war zone?
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 30 Making an Envelope Liner...
- AAM Monday Recent Media
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 21 Hotter Than July
- Flahback Friday 11 08 19 - C'mon You Can Do It - i...
- Life is not always..
- Wordless Wednesday - Uh...yes!
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 16 Recoloring Elements
- 365 keeps on Keeping On
- Flashback Friday 08 12 11
- AAM Frustration
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 10 - If it's hot where yo...
- Watch and Marvel
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 07
- OLW Blog Hop - August Edition
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
For the longest time I was not a tv watcher. Then came a new husband who is not a tv watcher At All but I thought we could watch movies. Fai...
My last day in New York and I definitely accomplished two of the things that I had planned for this trip. In fact when discussing the trip w...
This is a very blurry shot but it brings back wonderful memories of my in laws visiting us in England. They came to babysit us while my xh a...
This was pretty much fun to scrap, once I got started. Boy is it difficult some times to just Do it! I'm ready to go back but not in t...
This was the week that ended with Valentine's Day and a lunch we were both looking forward to. The food was a disappointment with such a...
While his sister in later years paid no attention to her knitting lessons, firstborn son was his grandmother's first grandchild. He did ...
I have not started another travel scrapping project but have one or two in mind. I have to visualize how I see the trip and what feel I want...
My mother was a superb knitter as well as a seamstress. My grandmother could crochet anything as well as sew. I, however, had little inte...
click to see more