Lately I've been watching DVDs as fast as I could since I decided that my Netflix account was going to be just the streaming option. Since I can get so many new ones at Redbox, I figured that it's the old or odd ones that would be better served with the streaming option. So, before I lost my DVD option I watched...well all the Harry Potter flicks! Now I'm trying to decide if I can coerce my dh to go to the theater to see the final movie, or...just go by myself. I think I know the answer to that one!
Recently, I've watched
This one was really funny in a subtle way and also gave a good portrait of life in East Germany pre the fall of The Wall. I do recommend it.
The next to last one in my final trio was one I found via YouTube. Never heard of it till then but just fell in love with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I think you will too. It's a lot more than the bit of fluff you think it might be.
Then the final one I saw - and sniff sniff..it's on its way back because yesterday was the end of my 'old' subscription... was one that surprised me and also left me in tears. (full disclosure - I was once an federal Senate Immigration caseworker and interacted directly with the old INS) I still have mixed feelings about this movie. I still feel the disturbance from this film and what our country has become.
So...goodbye half of Netflix. It's been fun.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 31 Road Trip!
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 30 Homemade Glimmer Mist
- AAM Monday Taking Measure
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 28 Hurricane Music
- Flashback Friday 11 08 26 - What a couple!
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 24 - Is this a war zone?
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 30 Making an Envelope Liner...
- AAM Monday Recent Media
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 21 Hotter Than July
- Flahback Friday 11 08 19 - C'mon You Can Do It - i...
- Life is not always..
- Wordless Wednesday - Uh...yes!
- Tuesday Tutorial 11 08 16 Recoloring Elements
- 365 keeps on Keeping On
- Flashback Friday 08 12 11
- AAM Frustration
- Wordless Wednesday 11 08 10 - If it's hot where yo...
- Watch and Marvel
- Sunday Serenade 11 08 07
- OLW Blog Hop - August Edition
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
Years and years ago, my parents bought a piece of land in West Virginia. My mother had great dreams of building a house there, up on a hill ...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...