Friday, July 29, 2011

Flashback Friday 11 07 29 - 1930's Wedding

Here is an old photo of people who must have been friends of my mother. I date this photo to the late 30s. I always find it poignant that my mother had so many photos of high school friends with wedding dresses and apparently 'proper' weddings. I don't doubt that she too dreamed of this kind of wedding.

However, when my parents married there was no money for that kind of thing, and my mother had a pale blue suit. Even the church was an issue because my mother was a Lithuanian Catholic, and my father was an Irish Catholic. I'm told that it was like two different religions and the mixture was not one that was easily approved. I'm sure my parents are not in different sections of heaven right now. At least there, such things don't matter.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts