A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
REMEMBER THE 3 STEPS / STR Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
1. S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
2. T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today.)
3. R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number
immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
n.b. Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is crooked or if it goes to one side or the other it is also an indication of a stroke.
- ► 2015 (145)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 29
- Downs and Ups
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 26
- RECOGNIZING A STROKE
- Flahsback Friday 11 06 24
- 365 Week 22
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 22
- While I Dogsat
- The Reluctant Gardener
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 15
- Scrappin' Fool
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 12
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 05
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 01
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (336)
Now after seeing my granddaughter dance about the other day, I thought of this photo of her mother. I don't know where or when it wa...
I read this on one of my favorite blogs, in the comments re the author's recent travel. " I love seeing your yummy pages! In a fu...
As I will be away on this little boy's birthday, so I'll put it up now. In July 1968, he was just about one month shy of a year. H...
1. I make calendars to fit in the white Ikea frames every month and with two other images, I have a narrow wall in the kitchen 'decorat...
1. Are these cute or what? I got myself a new phone case. Can you guess which pattern is ME??? 2.A bit of a week to myself while dh ...
Yes, I'll miss you too but sometimes a vacation is what is needed. I'm having a solo trip out west in the land of green chiles, R...
Our rive cruise ended in Budapest and I found that after seeing so many little towns and cities, that I really didn't have the energy of...
cure for brain troubles...if only
This afternoon, I will actually be doing week 33 which just ended but this week I am still thinking of doing a modified Week in the Life for...