A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
REMEMBER THE 3 STEPS / STR Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
1. S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
2. T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today.)
3. R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number
immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
n.b. Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is crooked or if it goes to one side or the other it is also an indication of a stroke.
- ► 2016 (206)
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 29
- Downs and Ups
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 26
- RECOGNIZING A STROKE
- Flahsback Friday 11 06 24
- 365 Week 22
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 22
- While I Dogsat
- The Reluctant Gardener
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 15
- Scrappin' Fool
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 12
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 05
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 01
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (338)
Many years, I take the time in December to clear out my computer, make a good dent in the things in my studio so I feel I have free and open...
1. My son is moving from the West Coast to the East and that means I ought to go visit him soon so I can eat at Zait and Zaatar in Anaheim...
As we hear ifs and maybes about upcoming snow, I'm looking at images of a snowfall back in 1966. My husband and I drove up from our new ...
1. Happily out of the hospital, and with a collection of drugs I appear t be making my way back to health. I can spend my days out of bed ...
1.Well the snow arrived! In our backyard, which doesn't get the sun til much later in the day if at all, the snow covers the deck an...
Much of a vacation is the to-ing and fro-ing. I usually consider this the worst part but sometimes if I take my time and observe it can be p...
Last week I made this layout for a challenge. Well, I'm no longer in London so I had to hope for snow in Maryland. Not a blizzard...
I can't be sure of the date but as my cousin Joe and I were both born in 1944, I'm thinking that our first communions would have bee...