A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
REMEMBER THE 3 STEPS / STR Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
1. S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
2. T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today.)
3. R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number
immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
n.b. Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is crooked or if it goes to one side or the other it is also an indication of a stroke.
- ► 2015 (209)
- ► 2014 (217)
- ► 2013 (251)
- ► 2012 (248)
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 29
- Downs and Ups
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 26
- RECOGNIZING A STROKE
- Flahsback Friday 11 06 24
- 365 Week 22
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 22
- While I Dogsat
- The Reluctant Gardener
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 15
- Scrappin' Fool
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 12
- Sunday Serenade 11 06 05
- Wordless Wednesday 11 06 01
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2010 (268)
- ► 2009 (248)
- ► 2008 (337)
This photo comes from an album of images from the 1940s. I think it was one of those albums that someone bought to paste a bunch of photos t...
A bit of a change about for me with a template challenge over at The Lilypad . Week 14 included three very different events. Easter on Sunda...
When I say my childhood, iI mean from age 10 til I was married at 21. It was the first home my parents bought and in the end it was the last...
Getting back into the flow of weekly scrapping, I'm enjoying the habits of my daily life. A vacation can be more or less unplanned each ...
1. The pollen count has really been high and everything outside is covered with a layer of chartreuse. Fortunately, I've pretty much g...
So much to see and nothing I HAD to do. A perfect vacation.
Sometimes the oddest thing will jog your memory. Last week it was in the Giant grocery store. I saw this big ad and thought of the many many...
Photos at MOMA which made me smile and were sent on to my Belgian friend. I hope she got a kick out of them also. The 2nd image is of musse...
1. If you snooze, you lose. I did get up this morning before 7am and there was wonderful light on my desk with lovely patterns. However, ...