Translate

Monday, April 25, 2011

AAM Monday 2011 Movies

All about me, and some recent movies.

Usually I don't have a great deal of interest in the Oscars, and find that many of the movies don't call to me that much. Oddly enough, xh was a serious movie watcher, but I was jealous of the time he watched movies and didn't talk to me. Somehow I lost my own interest in movies.

When I was divorced, I did go back to going to the movies on occasion with friends or on a date, but on my own wasn't a lot of fun, and  money mattered. I'm really not sure what came first - Netflix or my 2nd marriage. This dh really didn't have the patience for movies, and only compromised when we got a sofabed for the living room, and we would watch in 'bed' or at least start to watch. Many a time he fell asleep and I watched the rest of the movie on my own. It was a valiant attempt!

Now with Netflix and Redbox, I can get all the movies I want, and he is happy to sit in the other room, reading on his iPad, and I can watch a movie. Once in a while, I'll find one I think he'll enjoy and though he starts of somewhat begrudgingly he mostly stays till the end.

So this year? Well, I have happily enjoyed most of these. Only The Squid and the Whale got an Eh.  Asterisks denote my favorites.
  • The Social Network *
  • The Fighter *
  • Inception *
  • Hereafter
  • Love and Other Drugs
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo *
  • The Girl who played with Fire
  • Made in Dagenham *
  • The Ghost Writer
  • The Squid and the Whale
  • The Lives of Others *
  • Leaves of Grass
  • The Recruit
  • Hi Fidelity
  • Donnie Brasco
  • The Score *
  • Taking Chance
  • Michael Collins
  • Outsourced
  • Jarhead
  • The Cake Eaters

The King's Speech? Yes, this is the ONE he wanted to see, but I convinced him that he really didn't want a $40 movie date with me. Redbox, I love your prices! We both enjoyed it with home popped popcorn! It was a perfect movie to get us in the mood for a London trip.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts