This month Ali asked us to come up with images, both literal and figurative about what our word means to us. Literal was easy. Figurative is much harder for my literal mind to grasp. This is what I had - On the top line the photos are
- me learning how to spatchcock a turkey. Cooking is one my lifelong loves, and I always like to find a new way to cook something or a new recipe. These days I like to make it simpler and healthier.
- The bridge over the Patuxent River down near Solomons. I love the calm of the water and the idea of anything being a bridge to a new place - in my head, in my heart, or just on land.
- The third is my initial, my name, who I am. Who I am learning to be as a butterfly learns to be more than a chrysalis.
- 2nd row, the daily newspapers. One of the ways I learn about the world, but too often it's only learning about the negative part of life. There IS so much more and it's not likely I'll get in in those newspapers.
- Joko Beck, Zen teacher, and one of my life guides in learning that we can't avoid, we can learn to live with...
- The afternoon sun on a bookcase. Learning to see the light.
- Bottom row - that butterfly again and words. Learning about the power of words, my words, my silences
- My husband, a man with a heart burning with love
- Me, both sides of me, taking time to think, to be quiet and listen for the lesson.
So there you have me and where I've been during February. I said Bloghop, didn't I. Here are the others in the class who have chosen to be a part of the blog hop. The first person, Margie, is the woman who set this all up and did all the work involved. Kudos to you Margie and thanks for your willingness and dedication to this.
All posts in the bloghop are scheduled to be posted at 08:00 PST March 1st. Take time to go through this list and read and see what other people did, learned, felt during the 2nd month of One Little Word. Lives change, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, sometimes reluctantly but if there's life, there's change.
The next person after me on the March BlogHop is Kristi over at http://theprojectofme.wordpress.com She's #25, so head on over when you can.
1. Margie http://xnomads.typepad.com
2. Monica Bradford http://scraplifters.blogspot.com/
3. Jill C http://jillconyers.typepad.com/
4. Miranda http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com
5. Donna http://www.donnabryantdurand.blogspot.com
6. Lynn http://crafty-creativity.blogspot.com
7. Stacey http://www.TheAcornGarden.com/blog
8. Lisa http://backtoallen.com/writers_blog
9. Cassie http://craftycassiescorner.blogspot.com
10. Abbey http://athomewiththerichardsfamily.blogspot.com/
11. Nicky http://seejanebake.blogspot.com
12. Holly http://lovingrobots.blogspot.com
13. Karen T http://breathenowsmile.blogspot.com
14. Claudia http://creative-moms.com
15. Rebekah http://istampscrapcraft.blogspot.com
16. Kimberly http://foreverdaisies.blogspot.com
17. Kat www.katswonderings.blogspot.com
18. Kristina http://ciqis.blogspot.com
19. Jan http://mysimplelittlelife.typepad.com
20. Nikki http://www.inkyart.com.au/
21. Amanda www.scrappnbee.blogspot.com
22. Lisa http://luluoz.typepad.com
23. Sam http://learncreatedo.wordpress.com
24. Maureen You're here! This is me. http://cookingmylife.blogspot.com
25. Kristi http://theprojectofme.wordpress.com
26. Tere http://terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com
27. Karen http://womenontractors.blogspot.com
28. Katrina http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
29. Monica Bergler http://questtoperfectimperfection.blogspot.com
30. Mandy http://captureandcreate.wordpress.com
31. Lisa http://makeyourownescape.blogspot.com
32. Chrissy http://getcraftywithchrissy.blogspot.com
33. Lee http://thelinarstudio.typepad.com/embracelife
34. Jen www.byjen.com
35. Sylvia http://baxtersmom1.blogspot.com/
36. Christianne http://christiannemarra.blogspot.com/
37. Cheri http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com
38. Joy www.undiscoveredjoy.blogspot.com
39. Beth http://justbebeth.wordpress.com/
40. Jennifer L www.studiojenn.blogspot.com
41. Kathryn www.katlodesigns.com
42. Heather www.scrappyhare.blogspot.com
43. Cindy http://seriousplay.typepad.com
44. Cynthiau http://paperpapereverywhere.blogspot.com/
Now if this has whetted your appetite to try this out yourself, it isn't too late to sign up for this class. Go over to One Little Word at Big Picture Classes and join us. We'd love to have you!