Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Glimpse into the Past

Kaija in Finlad has her own beautiful blog where she shares some of her amazing hand bound books. I cannot fathom doing such detailed and lovely work but a woman I know who moved North says the long winters invite hand work. I understand in my head but our own winters are not like that and I'm often on trips in the winter. In any case, Kaija has another project now where she is sharing photos taken by Emil, the husband of her great great Aunt Saima.
 

The snowy scenes just tug at my heart. I see them as I imagine my Lithuanian grandfather might have seen them in places just down the Baltic from Finland. I hope Kaija will be able to stick to her thrice weekly schedule of posting photos and I hope you take a look.  Emil's

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts