Monday, September 20, 2010

AAM Monday - Blue Glass Special

All about me?



Well, there's not a lot to tell today.  I finally had my appointment withe the eBay agent, and took a laundry basket full of stuff over, along with 2 boxes of blue swirl glasses I bought in Vermont several years ago. For the life of me, I have been unable to identify those glasses and sadly neither could the agent. Thus, she declined to try and sell them. The longer this goes on, the more likely I am to think that they are not American made. Home they came with me, and I'll continue my googling etc. I'm not looking to make a lot of money, but I decided that if they were worth much, the majority would go to the church having the jumble sale.

There were other things of mine she declined to take, so one or two of them will go to another consignment store or a charity shop more upscale than Goodwill or even my local Lutheran Mission.
I asked what DID sell well, and was not surprised to hear that mid-Century-Mod stuff does well. Sadly, all that went when my parents died and I wanted no part with it. I don't regret that since I would have had to lug it all around for 40plus years. I already have enough stuff of my own!



But back to those glasses..does this ring a bell with anyone?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts