Thursday, July 15, 2010

Strip Ease


What a fun idea to do for an art journal! I saw this here, and couldn't wait to try it. I had some Hawaii tags that had been printed on the wrong paper and I hope you know how that is! Please say it isn't only me who does such things.

As soon as I had some free minutes yesterday, I went up to the studio, tore and arranged in under 15 minutes. I came back to the piece later in the evening and in 10 minutes or so had it all glued. The journaling bits were done in the first time block so wow...how cool is that for a technique!



I also had a bit left that I wanted to use so it went on the facing page. I'll write things later on that page and do more embellishments. Just not this week! I had fun, which I always say is the whole darn point. Strip Ease indeed! thank you Michelle, and thank you Janet for pointing me to this one. You oughta try it, it really is fun, and who doesn't enjoy tearing up paper. hehehe



July 17
eta: There is now a 3rd smaller bit of frangipane flower on this down at the bottom left. I knew I had cut one out but couldn't find it till I cleaned my table. Tomorrow, Hawaii

16 comments:

michelle ward said...

Maureen - so glad you found us! Thanks for sharing your work with the team. I LOVE hearing your enthusiasm, and that it was fast and fun. The page is so full of optimism with the bright colors and imagery - feels like summer!

joyfulploys said...

Maureen, don't you love it when it all goes together with ease (strip ease)...great use of color!
Mary

Lorraine said...

like your bright journal full of summer vibes..I love 7 gypsies too

JoAnne Del said...

It's beautiful! I like the colors :-)

jgr said...

Beautiful colors, so bright and full of positive energy!

Jackie said...

Maureen you have created a very summery page - It's lovely and the strips work so well.

fabricfan said...

Oh, I can just feel the beach, the sand and the surf. Great page.

Dawn said...

ooh how fun!! it IS wonderful to tear up paper, right?

Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

lena said...

great work! love your strips and the way you placed them. Very nice!

quinncreative said...

I can feel how much fun you had ripping into this project!

Winterwood said...

love the vibrant colours and the face peeking out in the bottom of the page... beautiful work!

cathsheard said...

I had to laugh about the missing flower - I lose things on my desk all the time. I really enjoyed seeing your summery page; just what we needs here in NZ in the depths of winter.

goudenregen said...

Looks like great pages, would love to see them after you've written on them.

Susan Sager Brown said...

Very fun, love the colors and image of the two friends holding hands. Is that not what summer is all about? well, that and ripping paper!!! teehee xoSusan

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Fantastic, love the bright yellow and blue, very very 'summer' ;-)

Beverley Baird said...

What a great journal page. Love the way the strips come together! I alsways love collaging - and this technique is great.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts