Monday, July 12, 2010

Noticing

5a.m. and the old boy Siamese was awake.

Awake and hungry? awake and feeling poorly? I don't know, but I do know he was awake and howling to beat the band when it seemed like night time to me. (We have great new blackout curtains.) The man of the house thundered out of bed to investigate but then again, he gets up at 05:30 usually. I just drifted in and out of sleep until about 6:30. Never totally asleep again, but happily in that half dreaming state.


There were vague notions of going to the gym, but they got vaguer as I got myself downstairs for the first glass of iced tea. It was time for noticing. Seeing the light shine in from the east is lovely. Seeing the smudgy sliding glass doors is not. So after taking some photos, I cleaned a few panes of the door and decided just to enjoy the morning, no matter when it started.

The gym? maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Yummers! said...

I can always put off exercise... least favorite thing to do. I have a stck of ironing to do... a HUGE stack! Aha... a great photo for a layout!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts