Saturday, June 5, 2010

I really want this!

I know it's summer, I know it's hot, and I know I certainly don't need a sugar filled bread. But I want this! Mostly, I want to do it. Once dh and I started watching our weight and sugar intake more, I cut back on making bread. Once he was willing to eat whole grain breads, it was easier to just get a couple of loaves at the store and keep the sliced bread in the freezer. It's the cutting of bread that is a pita and leaves us with crumbs everywhere. Let me refine that. One of us is a serious crumb maker and one of us is a serious crumb cleaner-upper, even though we have a bread board with a crumb grid. 'Nuff said.



But back to this bread. As soon as I saw the blog post Noon Rogani , I was sure it was a Middle Eastern bread of some sort, having eaten my share of naan over the years from Tehran, to Bahrain, to Langley Park MD. This bread is Azerbaijani though and even when I was living in Iran, the local people said Azerbaijanis were excellent cooks. For a Persian to say that is something.

Unless I can find people to eat this ...with me ...for me... I hesitate to make it, but doesn't it look like fun? Check the King Arthur link for a recipe that just makes me want to get the flour and yeast out! Let me know if you make it and how it worked out. Right now, I just plan to look at the pictures and dream.

1 comment:

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

I wish I could eat this with you! Maybe you could make it for your next Artist Way meeting?

I've stopped baking so much as well--just trying to eat a tad bit better. I'm saving my carbs for crumpets and scones :-)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts