Translate

Monday, June 7, 2010

AAM Monday

This is a short post, but it is all about me. Me on one of my first trips to the South West.

There was so much I wanted to see and so much I STILL want to see, but darn, those states are so big! Looking at a map in Maryland, which takes up one page on the atlas, one can get fooled easily when one looks at a page of Arizona or New Mexico, which each have a page. A page is not a page and it's hard to resist planning more than a person can easily do. Especially a not-so-young person. But I was still in my 50s then!



We took a week to drive around those two BIG states and one of the highlights for me was the Gila Cliff Dwellings. As it was late November, the weather was brisk and we were virtually alone there. It was wonderful! I wonder if my knees could still do it...cause I'd sure like to go back again.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts