Monday, May 3, 2010

AAM Monday

All About Me & Friendship


AnnaBanana, my dear soulmate friend. Anne is ten years younger than I am but has often been ahead of me on so many life issues that I think we level out. She and I went through so many things together in her 30s and my 40s. We laughed and cried and learned so much about friendship. She was the first friend who called me on some of my crap. She was also able to tell me how much I hurt her with some of my words and still love me because I was unaware of their effect. We both agreed that if one of us had been the opposite sex we might have married. A same sex partnership didn't float our boats.

When she moved away to California 15 years ago, it broke my heart. My daughter said, But Mama, you’ll always be friends. You love each other !

Ah Anne, it was so good to catch up with you on a couple of CA trips. We've both gone our own ways a lot since you moved and for a time couldn't really 'see' the other's life and lifestyle. We gave it time though. Now when we get together, we can come back to the central point and share the joy we find in the women we've become. Sometime friendship just needs space.

2 comments:

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Completely lovely! Facebook has given some of those friends back to me. I get to see them in person this summer.

Thanks so much for sharing your friend with us, Maureen.

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

I really love that photo of the two of you. You can see that there's a lot of history between you.

I enjoyed your thoughts about friendship. So much truth in them.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts