Monday, May 24, 2010

AAM and Boulder

This Monday's All About Me is a reminder of the nice time I had out in Boulder, CO. I think this was my 4th or 5th trip out there, including the one when we were married. This time it was shorter because I wanted to make it a 'small suitcase' trip which also involved going down to Mesa AZ. That meant almost two climate zones!

We have always stayed at a Residence Inn or something similar which has more than a room. DH usually does some work and I can have my tea in the room before I go down to the more than adequate breakfast.

I love seeing the Flatirons at sunset, especially as I'm having a good dinner!



This time when we arrived, however, the news was not good. This happened just before we arrived and only about 3 blocks away. So sad to read about a person going to such extremes over money. A reminder that 'the love of money is the root of all evil'.

While my dh goes to his conference (which was the reason for our trip), I can usually have the car and do some more exploring of Boulder or the surrounding area. One trip I drove up to Cheyenne WY but that was a full day! This time I just took myself back to a favorite bakery, Breadworks, before driving west.


The weather had been threatening on and off, and while thunderstorms were predicted, I wanted to see some snow. We had seen the 14teeners covered with snow but with a storm predicted, I settled on Nederland, a short but curvy 16 mile drive. When I stopped along the drive to see the rushing Boulder Creek, it looked ominous back in Boulder.


The falls was closed but the water looked gorgeous.


Just outside of Nederland, I stopped when I saw the snow. During the time I sat in the car and ate my leftovers from the prior night's Vietnamese dinner, the clouds came down and covered the mountains. I had had a bit of sleet on the way up so I figured it would be a quick visit, and not a drive deeper into the Rockies. A stop at the Blue Owl Bookstore and a good cuppa tea is a must-do in Nederland for me.


This also helped make up my mind. I had a sweater on but didn't feel like seeing that temperature gauge drop any further!


Better to go back to Boulder and embellish dh's suitcase. I had promised to do this several trips ago, so I had gone to Hobby Lobby earlier and bought puffy paint to do so. It's always fun to do a bit of craftwork on a trip!


Well that's a typical day ALL ABOUT ME when I'm in Boulder. Of course once dh gets done with his work, it often looks like this. Another reason we like the Residence Inn...space and wifi for two!

1 comment:

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

We like to stay at suite-type hotels too for the exact same reason--extra room for the hubby to work.

Sounds like you had a nice time by yourself while your guy was conferencing. I like your suitcase art :-)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts