Sunday, February 7, 2010

Walking to the Westin

By late afternoon yesterday, the blizzard of 10 let up and my dh said "Let's go for a walk." I had been determined to stay in my jammies all day but it was not to be. "Ok.", I said without a lot of enthusiasm for getting dressed. I do like a walk in the snow though, and it would be dark soon so dressed I got.














What a sight to see West Street covered with snow and ice but passable. It's so typical. West St. gets cleared, and we, two houses off West, never see a plow. My dh felt the need to take the lead though had I fallen down in the road, he would never have known. So much for gallantry... Looking back into the sunset, it looked like this.














The Veterans Cemetery had been plowed but the graves just stuck up a bit to give a different look to the familiar place.














Next we headed into the Westin lot.






















Mortons' had recently closed shop but we weren't looking for that. Fado was open though. Never underestimate how far we'll go for a meal! I wasn't that hungry so I split the fish and chips while dh had an appetizer of corned beef rolls. A good walk and a good, hot dinner.

2 comments:

CameoRoze said...

I love the photo of the cemetery! Glad you're surviving and thriving in the blizzard.

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

I agree, that cemetery photo is cool. And I like the fish and chips one too ;-)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts