Thursday, February 18, 2010

Aches and age?

I do hope those two are not seriously connected for me.

I had been having a very good time at the gym recently, enjoying my morning workout there, and sticking to the Personal Trainers guidelines. Then came snowmageddon 10, and my workouts became shovel, shovel, shovel. Ok, shovel time mixed with on the couch, fireplace on, under the comforter time with Netflix's Wire in the Blood. Then my dh came home from Oklahoma, and I happily turned the shoveling over to him. So over a week away from the gym. I missed it!!

Back to the gym Monday and all was fine. Tuesday, my ankles ached as I walked the circuit. That was new! I also added my biweekly strength training, never going beyond what I had been doing. I felt fine when I left but by afternoon I felt like I was coming down with the flu...fortunately not gastro but achy all over. I slept on and off all afternoon and evening, and soundly through the night.

Weds am, I woke up with a seriously tight and painful back and hips. Mostly rest and heat all day, and this a.m., almost as bad. More heat, some JinShinJyutsu and it feels somewhat looser. This is really dismaying as I have had the enthusiasm and the get up in the a.m. willingness to get serious about exercise.

I'm not used to feeling like this and I don't like it! Ok, time for more heat and willingness to do what has to be done. I just don't know what that is right now.

1 comment:

bluerosephoto said...

This is how it is with me, Maureen.
I go for weeks of walking, using small weights and dancing, with no problems.
Then wham !
Blindsided by aches and pains out of no where ! Like you say, I feel like I have the flu, but no other symptoms, except the aches and pains in my muscles and joints.

My theory is it is from the aging process and our bodies telling us to adjust our exercise for the time being, then ease back into the old routine.
I have a family history of arthritis, osteoporosis and osteo- arthritis. So, I get my bone scans and yearly check-ups and try to ignore the bad days.
Hang in there !

Blog Archive

Popular Posts