Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh what a time

December means mammogram time for me. Not the ideal time imho but how it works out short of waiting till January to start the bit by bit delay with the insurance people. It has to be at least one year since the prior test, and once I was literally on day 365 and had to reschedule.

Well this year I was told by the call center that I didn't need a referral! Yeah. One bit of bother out of the way. So yesterday, in I go and I am asked for a referral. Turns out the call center didn't know that my doctor requires a referral. Not the insurance company, not the radiologist, but my doctor. I really like her but... so now I have an appnt to see her in ....February, so that Dec mammogram willl now be a Valentine's treat not a Christmas present.

But wait...there's more. I go to bed last night, and wake up at 3am with a sharp pain in my right chest with itching 'inside' my right back. The weird itchy feeling is how I feel when I get bronchitis. I get out of bed, debate about getting dh to take my to the hospital, but I don't think it's my heart. Wrong side. The burning pain is intermittent and after doing some energy work, I get drowsy, the pain is gone, and I go back to bed.

Come morning, I tell dh, who gives me the look I would give him if the tables were turned, and I say yes, I'll call the Dr. Turns out my Dr. is out today, so I see another Dr. who examines me and considers it may be gall bladder pain. hmmmm. No pain all day but tonight I'm not at a dinner with dh, I'm staying home, fasting in the am and having a gall bladder sonogram.

Such a week it's been, and it's only Tuesday!

1 comment:

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

:-( I hope you feel better soon.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts