Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Video Week

One of the things I tend to do when I have the house to myself for a couple of days is to have a Video week. I'm not much on tv shows but I do like my movies. Now that I have my big tv, we hooked the old laptop up to it, and Netflix on demand and me are getting pretty close.

This week I saw The Color of Paradise, an Iranian film that has some breathtaking footage of northern Iran. I never had a chance to travel in Iran in my short time living there so this also gave me my first sight of the Caspian sea. Various Farsi words came back to me, and the shots of Tehran were nostalgic. Almost a fairytale movie.


I caught most of The Cure on HBO and again a movie I where I enjoyed the scenery a lot - from St. Cloud MN down the Mississippi. Adolescent boys always get me.


Finally, one I'd been waiting to watch from Netflix was another Edward Norton film. There is never enough Ed Norton for me. The boy certainly does dark well, and this is a Spike Lee NYC post 9/11 movie. 25th hour. The whole spectrum of the city in 24+hrs.


Pass the popcorn, I'm on a movie roll.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts