Translate

Friday, November 27, 2009

Flashback Friday



This is my father at The General Tire Company lot at 23rd & M Streets N.W. Washington DC. The back of the photo says 1963 and I will guess say it it autumn or spring by my father's shirt and the lack of leaves on the trees.

The strange thing is that my current husband also worked at 23rd and M while a co-op student in college tho not for this tire company. I always find it amazing that people who are have significance in our life have often intersected our life at other times. My current husband could easily have been across the street while I was on my occasion visit to my father's job while on my way to shopping in Georgetown. But it would take a first marriage for each of us and many many years down the road till our paths finally crossed with meaning.

1 comment:

Marysol said...

M, I have a picture of my dad from the Mesozoic era, where he's wearing a similar shirt, and even the same pose as your dear father.

What does this have to do with your entry?
Not a darned thing.

I'm just feeling a little nostalgic.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts