Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quiet Day. Nice Night.

Not a lot to say today. I have suddenly started feeling kind of run down.

This a.m. I had a nice visit with a good friend that I haven't seen for a couple of months. She's been there and I've been to other 'theres' but we haven't been back home at the same time. Strange how that can happen. We got caught up in just about an hour and it's so nice to make those connections again.

I had other plans for doing this and that but after a lot of schlepping of stuff to charity shops etc yesterday I was just glad to get rid of two weeks worth of newspapers today. A woman who raises rabbits collects them every other week for the bunny cages. That's nice to think of!

Later in the day I made a big dinner for dh and a group for "Boys Night In". Funny how the men respond when they hear Meatloaf! Methinks men are easier to please than women. It was a big casserole of meatloaf, a big one of mac and cheese and a slightly smaller one of roast carrots with black olives. One of the men brought coffee ice cream and a good dinner and conversation was had. But, this night was a bit different. I ate with them! I suddenly realized I needed conversation more than another night on the net or something. I usually give them 'man time' but tonight I needed some human interaction.

So no pictures, but an evening well spent. Sometimes one just needs a people fix.

1 comment:

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

Meatloaf and mac-n-cheese sounds perfect. Totally comforting and homey. I bet those guys inhaled it all!!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts