Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dishing the Week

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW - The rain has just about let up tho the sky is still overcast but so much brighter.


I AM HEARING - It's very quiet. Almost no traffic, almost no breeze, so just the occasional rustle of the bamboo.

I AM WEARING - my orange Halloween socks and a Halloween scarf. It's good to go out early in the a.m. so I get more dressed up.


I AM THINKING - that our lives are so full but what a blessing that is. We still have choices in it all and how often I forget that.

I AM THANKFUL FOR - the wisdom and humor I heard this am. Appreciate it all and then it all flows.

I AM CREATING - a couple of pages a day to really get into the swing of some of the digital techniques I'm learning. I think the postcards may have a hiatus.

I AM GOING - to start planning a Chicago wardrobe. Just HOW cold will it be???

I AM READING - a couple more of the 'book stash'. "Queen of the Road" looks like a light before sleeping read, and "An Unexpected Light: Travels in Afghanistan" is my new downstairs afternoon book. Dick just finished it and passed it on.

I AM HOPING - that Bekah continues on her upward recovery. I know there will be down times and setbacks but please God we do want her with us longer and well.

FROM THE KITCHEN - good things should happen this week because I bought a boatload of things to cook, including a lot of pork. Seems the time of year, doesn't it?

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - is having the company of Sebastian the cat in my studio, even if I know it's the heated cushion, not me, that keeps him here. I take what I can get.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK - Take the cat's climbing frame to the SPCA as he is past jumping up on it; make a couple of pork meals and one humongous meatloaf; fill two more bags of craft supplies for the Boys and Girls club drive; walk <-- and get new shoes to do this; remain grateful

1 comment:

once in a blue moon... said...

i do enjoy peeking into ones life, and i like the added pics you have along the way~

Blog Archive

Popular Posts