Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dishing the Week

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW... the breeze is blowing, the sun is warming the air, and the cat is reluctant to share that window with me. Hey! it's my room you know!



I AM THINKING...that someone may want to have the furnace on when he gets home. In the mornings i.e.

I AM THANKFUL FOR...the recent time alone I've had. Time to be alone with my own thoughts, time to do some clearing out, and time to watch movies.


FROM THE KITCHEN...nothing. Maybe I'll finish up the posole so we can have it for supper tonight. I didn't even feel like cooking for the Artist Way peeps when they came Friday night. I also cleaned out the dishes part of the pantry and have a lot to wrap so they can go to charity.


I AM WEARING...black slacks, a long sleeved tan t-shirt, and non-skid socks. The days of short sleeves seem to be just about over.




I AM CREATING...more space in my life. Vietnam Vets is coming tomorrow and taking more stuff.

I AM GOING...out to lunch? Maybe.


I AM READING...Anita Desai short stories but they are too 'down' for bedtime. I have a 'hold' at the library for tomorrow.


I AM HOPING...that I can get rid of two old rugs tomorrow.


I AM HEARING...crickets and the whoosh of the occasional car. A quiet Sunday morning.


AROUND THE HOUSE...it's clean and fairly straight. What furniture can go?


ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...is usually red licorice but the stuff I got from Giant isn't quite cutting it.



A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...very little 'have to's' this week. Only a memorial service for a friend. I usually like these but not this one.

1 comment:

food with style said...

love your kitty shot! and the socks are fun too~ glad to see you are doing this too, don't you love that monday reflection time? i do, the only time i think out 7 days ahead!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts