Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dishing the Week

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...

the grass is just cut and looks absolutely perfect. It's not hot nor is it cold, and it's a perfect into fall day.

I AM THINKING...

that my life is darn good. Things seem to be level and the only niggly bit in my head is my son over in Afghanistan. I get more than a twinge every time I read about a horrendously injured person over there as I did twice this a.m.

I AM THANKFUL FOR...

the great week I had to myself while Dick went biking in Williamsburg. I didn't get much of anything major done but I stayed up as late as I felt like and ate on my own schedule. I also watched some tv shows on my new TV.

FROM THE KITCHEN...


I didn't cook much but one thing I did make was a peach cobbler for a friend, or rather a nectarine cobbler. I decided early in the week to make the rib roast I had in the freezer for myself but it took forever to thaw. By the time I cooked it, I really had no time to eat it. I also realized it had cooked more than I wanted because I had it on convection. Big sigh for me but in the end it was still too rare for Dick so the reheating worked fine - for him. I also realized my horseradish was old and bitter. Too bad...

I AM WEARING

cropped khaki pant and a white short sleeved t-shirt. These days it's a question of short sleeve? long sleeve? as the temperature fluctuates from chilly to more temperate. The seasons, they are a-changing. I think it may be time to put the sandals away tho.

I AM CREATING...


lots of digital pages and slowly working on the digital album for the Cathy Zileske class. That is getting slower and slower as I still am procrastinating about doing the writing. I have a video to watch so maybe that will get me more in the mood to write. I'm not even sure how the layout will actually be done. I'm at least going to look into that today. I may be behind but that's ok. It's all on my schedule. There is also the altered book to look at and see how I'm going to finish it. Is that to be done this Friday??? Can I get more done before the Artist Way session?

I AM GOING...

not many places this week except up to the jail I think for tutoring. I have to call and see if we have students. Saturday will be a big trip in that I'm going to a charity football game with my dil and all three grandchicks. I hope we have good weather and that the girls can have patience for the game. It's being held at dgs's high school where he is now in his freshman year. How time flies!

I AM READING...

The Book of Splendour by Frances Sherwood and Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah. I have vowed to read my own huge stash before I dare bring any more home from the library. This has been hard but last week there wasn't a lot of reading going on as I watched things on that new big tv screen.

I AM HOPING...

that I can clean up the studio worktables this week and get those nectarines canned.

I AM HEARING...

the bamboo rustling about outside and both of the wind chimes in back. It's strange that we hear the bamboo chimes as we seldom got wind in that direction before.

AROUND THE HOUSE...

I finally got around to signing up a cleaning service and they start this coming week. Hallelujah!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...


is being retired. I still love not having to go where I don't want to go.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...Can nectarines, make a cobbler for the grandchicks, move the magazines upstairs, see if I can get a commitment about painting the dining room wall, get new walking shoes, get walking in the am

(This idea came from Jain over at Once in a Blue Moon. I love the idea of doing a weekly wrap up and re-centering on Sunday.)

2 comments:

Cathy (tinniegirl) said...

I picked the perfect time to pop over to your blog and catch up on all your news. Sounds like life is treating you well.

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

Love this! And especially your "going to jail" line ;-)

Just how many nectarines do you have?!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts