Friday, August 14, 2009

Flashback Friday

Christmas 1950

I see by the cage that it was the Christmas I got the named-by-me "Mr. Pembroke", a blue parakeet. I was still young enough - 6 - to want to play with my doll Rosebud, and she had a new skating outfit crocheted for her by my grandmother. It was red with a white mohair trim! However, there were very few opportunities for ice skating down it Maryland where we had moved to from Pennsylvania and so I never had a matching outfit! I did have that spiffy dress that my mother made...taffeta with a solid navy? dark green? bottom and the striped top. I loved how that material rustled. The noise was almost the best part. I suspect that teddy bear was from my father who always had a knack for getting me something I had outgrown by then. Our years in that apartment were not the best but I had no way of knowing that then. Christmas was still magic!

2 comments:

Terri Davenport said...

I love all the details in your post!

Stephanie Vetne said...

Awwwww.....I love Christmas photos! They just convey such joy. :)

Blog Archive

Popular Posts