Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sticky Hands On Fun

Yes, I did have fun! I took a class I have wanted to take for some time but couldn't quite find the time or be in the right place. Claudine Hellmuth, now a 'neighbor' in DC, taught her classic "Collage Discovery" at The Queens Ink in Savage MD. Now The Queens Ink is a place dh and I stumbled upon one day last year, two years ago? when I said I hadn't been to Savage Mills in a zillion years. "The Queen" has it all and has wonderful classes with many well known visiting artists. It always seemed that we would be away when one I had looked forward to was scheduled. Finally got this one on MY calendar!

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery
Claudine, in case you don't recognize her, is the blue eyed blond on the right - probably the only long haired person who didn't get paint or gel in her hair!

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery

Claudine did a few of the basic resist techniques for us, we took notes, and then we went back to our own places and played! Funny how so many of us were so eager to play we didn't read our notes again, and learned over and over to go with the flow and get over it."Oh...no gel on the paper before you add the masking tape!" Play and learn.
09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery

Can't get to a class? Well try Claudine's first book Collage Discovery Workshop. She has a few other books and some videos out besides, and a new book in the wings due shortly.

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery

I went home with paint on my fingernails and a few items I had made, and a lot of good memories of fun, a great teacher and lots of companionship. I wish I could do this every month! At least there is an Artist Way studio day next Saturday.

09 Claudine Hellmuth Collage Discovery
Do you have a 'play-group' for your creative endeavors? Don't you NEED one???

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

That looks like so much fun!
There's nothing better than having a crafty day where you end up covered in glue and paint.

ginny said...

Claudine is a wonderful person, lovely inside and out, isn't she?
Lucky you to be able to take a class from her.
She taught for me many times over the years that I had a store and an art event. I never was able to take one of her workshops.
Where are the photos of what you made????

Just a Plane Ride Away said...

Full of envy over here! I admire Claudine Hellmuth and the career she has made for herself. She also seems like such a nice person, too.

I wish I had a creative play group. It's one of the things I miss most about being over here. Your Artist Way studio day sounds perfect.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts