Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Things Making Me Happy

Since I've been in a bit of a funk, I decided to think of the little things that are making me happy. I suspect someone has a meme about this but I haven't taken the time to blog-surf lately so tell me if you know of someone. I think I need to practice this publicly. The concept of publicly acknowledging the joy in my life reminds me of Flylady's concept of blessing your house as you do a Sunday night cleanup. I've always avoided cleaning on Sunday but that puts a different perspective on it, doesn't it?
  • A clean floor on the ground floor. (DH washed this Friday night pre guests.) I told him that is one thing that makes me feel really good but darn I hate to do it.
09 March brunch
  • Bacon and horseradish cream cheese. I'd never had this and bought some Friday. It's half gone now...
  • Having 3, well 4 actually, Redbox locations in under 3 miles from my house, even if the movie I wanted to watch isn't available at any of them each time I've checked since Saturday a.m.
  • The teeny daffodils that have made their annual appearance amidst the dark green ivy and pachysandra of the small front lawn. I had totally forgotten about them.
mini daffodils
  • 5 totally free weekdays this week - no tutoring, no appointments of any kind, just free free time and at least one day when I have the house to myself.
If you have 5 things that are making you happy Right Now, I'd like to hear them!

1 comment:

edward and lilly said...

Bacon and horseradish cream cheese! Oh my!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts