Friday, March 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

Here is yours truly as the Mother of God.

Christmas 1953

Yes, I was the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Christmas pageant that year. Was it because of my profound spirituality at age 9? No, it was because I had long, long hair.

Shortly after Christmas I was threatened with expulsion from ...5th grade. I was asked if I had been 'saying those bad words' at Christmas when I was portraying Mary?!??! Not one to hold back on the truth, I said ..."Yes." I think the poor nun was shocked. Nothing more to say, so I had my mouth washed out with soap, Ivory, which I hate to this day. My bff has always said she was so very impressed because I didn't cry. We were both sent home on a Friday, but sadly we both were back in school on Monday. No rest for the wicked.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts