Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The 6th of the 6th

Paperiarre did this one and I like the randomnesss of the suggestion.

6th Flickr folder, 6th photograph...write about it.

everpresent security

This was on our trip to Italy in November 2008. We were taken by bus between Venice and Florence, with a stop in Padua. This was pretty much just after arrival in town, and I was surprised to see so much security there. We were marching along like a school trip, trying to stay as a group, but at the same time I was trying to see things that looked new or different to me and record them. It's a wonder I didn't fall down in the street. (ok, full disclosure - I think I did trip on occasion but I never hit the ground!) Bicycles, graffitti, security - yes, we have that too but it looked so different there in Italy.

The two smaller cities that we sampled - Padua and Orvietto - were really places that were so comfortable and so - ordinary. Ordinary in only the way that an Italian city can be ordinary! la Bella Figura reigns everywhere. I loved this little glimpse into day to day life.

1 comment:

Tinniegirl said...

Great shot. I love the gorgeous bicycles the most.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts