Sunday, February 15, 2009

Phew!

Finally, an internet connection. Let me tell you about withdrawal... ;-)

Week 1 in England has been otherwise wonderful, tho with one bit of car mishap at the start. But no injuries to the two humans so few complaints that $$s couldn't solve. So this is just a quick hello from London tonight, on a very slow connection at the Marriott.

Last Sunday in Canterbury we were able to attend Evensong sung by the boys choir. Pretty darn close to heavenly. The photo was our first glimpse of the actual Cathedral. I had watched Beckett just before we left so it really felt like the events in the cathedral were only yesterday.



I must say while I was off line, we did have British Sky News on the telly every day and my heart goes out to all those in Australia. Without a connection, I wondered if all my friends who live inside the computer were safe. Lots of love to you all in Kangaroo land. Back atcha tomorrow.

5 comments:

Taccolina said...

Hi Maureen, have a lovely time! Here is Australia we're all crafting and sewing some relief for the 7,000 homeless - http://handmadehelpsout.blogspot.com/ is a good place to start.

CurlyPops said...

Yep we're all crafting up a storm to help in any way that we can!

Maureen said...

Somehow that # of homeless never hit me. My god...

Tinniegirl said...

Hey Maureen. Nice to get an update from you. Sorry to hear there were some hiccups.

AnastasiaC said...

have a fantastic time!!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts