Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Luverly London

Ah London...we are wearing ourselves out with the museums but so are half the children of England who are on half-term. Our 3rd museum this week was the Tate Modern today and I highly recommend it for more adult company and a knockout view of London from the 7th floor dining room.



I REALLY wanted one of these teapots!

We had tea there on arrival and after exhausting ourselves with ART we went back for a 2 course sit down lunch. Then a walk over to Piccadilly (with one coffee stop on the way) and a good long look around at Waterstones books. I couldn't fathom where Waterstones was but that branch is in the old Simpsons location. My xh and I had clothes from Simpsons back in the day. Waaay back in the day! And a factoid I didn't know was that Simpsons was the clothing store that "Are You Being Served" was modeled on as the author used to work in Simpsons.

Tomorrow....a bus trip to Oxford.Hopefully there will be enough energy left to do some more blogging. Hopefully!

The trip saga from start is being uploaded slowly but surely over on Get in The Car. Have a look if you like, as most of the photos will be going there.

1 comment:

AnastasiaC said...

ohhh good ole London Town - love it!! my favourite city ever!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts