Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Presents from Australia

Back near Christmas I received another packet from Australia. I had totally forgotten about this gift which I won over at Juddie's blog, Flightless Boyds. She wrote and asked for my address and then I forgot all about it again. I mean is it worth wasting energy worrying about Free Gifts? Let the Universe do that, as it seems to be doing quite well imho.

Well this packet lands on our dining room table, the repository for mail after it comes thru the mail slot or is left in the pocket between the door and the storm door. I love leaving the packages on the table for a couple of hours, walking round them as I go in and out of the dining room all day...wondering, anticipating, enjoying.

Behold...

Gifts from Juddie

We have going from top center (the green and red Thai cloth is mine)
  • a rose tea towel
  • fancy blue wrapping paper which I shall save for dd
  • 2 fab pieces of fabric which will be perfect for pillows (ahem. Is there a seamstress in Bayridge?)
  • a temple rubbing (being held down with glass candlesticks)which may or may not go to dd
  • 3 red hearts (Christmas 2009 ornaments!) and one button pin
  • bird gift tag
  • a palm grass container that held the temple rubbing
I didn't want to post about this in the midst of all the Christmas fol del rol and fa la la but at the same time I didn't want to forget it. DH has already spoken harshly (!!!) to me about forgetting an on line password this week. boo hiss phhhhhtttttt!!!

So go on now, check out Flightless Boyds, say hello to Juddie, and then have a peep at her Other Blog ...come on now, you have to go look! ...Gin Slings and Whimsy for a marvelous collection of vintage illustrations. One might be just the thing you've been looking for.

Thanks again Juddie!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Anytime you need the sempstress, just say so. I need a project after the super bowl game. Just for you.

CameoRoze said...

I do the same thing as you with packages! Put them on the table, do some other stuff, anticipate opening them and finding a surprise inside.
:: giggle ::

Cameo @-->-->---

Juddie said...

You're ever so welcome, Maureen!

I felt bad because we've had those Cambodian temple rubbings for a couple of years now and I wanted to send you the larger one, but the day after I posted them on my blog, my dog decided to 'play' with it (i.e.: chomp on it and drag it around the house). Poor old temple rubbing did not survive!

But I'm glad you liked the gifts and I wish you all the best for a very happy New Year! Stay warm and cosy over there!

CurlyPops said...

What a beautiful gift!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts