Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nancy Friedman Said It

Apparently there is an American Dialect Society and they make annual selections for Word of the Year, now to be known as WOTY. Well, it isn't too much of a surprise to find that the WOTY was bailout at the top of the chart or should that be at the bottom? I'm afraid we're still "...going down? Mr. Tyler?" Can we keep asking Dubya that question? Nancy says

My favorite this year was the winner in the Most Creative category: recombobulation area, the section of the Milwaukee airport where passengers who have survived the security screening can put themselves back together.


My mother used to talk of being discombobulated but I have never heard of anyone recombobulating or getting to the stasis state of combobulation. It appears I've lead a sheltered life. Maybe I need to hang out in Milwaukee more often to expand my vocabulary. Bet that sign maker had a question or two.

btw,if you like words, you'll like Fritinancy Have a word issue? check her on Twitter.

1 comment:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Recombulation? That's hilarious! I'm going to see if I can drop that into casual conversation some time!

Blog Archive

Popular Posts