Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winding Down The Year

DH usually does a year wrap up for us so we can look at our own year month by month. Some of this he gets done by looking at our monthly credit card bills as almost all our purchases are done that way. Don't worry...we pay our bill in full each month so no monthly surcharges are incurred. The bonus points do add up btw. However he hasn't done this yet while we're down at Hilton Head so I'll try to think of some of the big points.
happy couple
We saw a lot of marvelous cities this past year from Granada and Sevilla in Spain to Gibraltar and Lisbon.
Only 4?
Chicago is always a favorite that is wonderful in the fall. We finally got to Italy and took the trip I had hoped to make for our honeymoon 7 years ago. We never did agree on which of the three main cities we visited was our mutual favorite - Venice, Florence or Rome.
Osteria Ae Sconte
I still might go with Orvieto as my choice for a return trip. DH is still 'processing' as the good introvert he is.

I started doing some literacy tutoring in one of our local detention centers and I really like that. The prisoners come and go and I was surprised to find that very few women need basic tutoring. They may make some very poor decisions that land them in jail but at some point in life most of them paid enough attention in school to be fairly capable of reading and doing math on a 4th-5th grade level. The men need those skills.

The other thing that stands out in my own mind for the year is getting an Iphone which led me into the other realms of social media...Facebook and Twitter. Each serve a particular purpose and along with blogging, email, and texting I AM having fun.

iphone

2 comments:

AnastasiaC said...

happy New Year Maureen!!!
see you next year in bloggyland!

CameoRoze said...

:: perk ::
Facebook?
Add me as a friend? Margaret Davaz

Cameo @-->-->---

Blog Archive

Popular Posts