Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Op Shopping At Its Best

I don't often pray for specifics but today was an exception. I had dropped some food off at a local shelter, and suddenly said...Oh God the only thing I'd really like is to find a pot and pan at the nearby thriftstore. My 2 yr old granddaughter is getting cooking things, and I wanted a lightweight aluminum pot. I knew they are often a dime a dozen at thrift stores but not lately.

Well, in I go, drop off a red rug that needed to be donated because it's wool and we have a barfy cat...and YES, Yes, Yes. There's one aluminum pot and one small lightweight pan. $2. each. Plus one small cake mold which is either a bear or a monkey for $1. Thank you God!



Oh yes, and there were some goodies for me too...a ravioli mold and a popcorn popper. I hope the popper works because I haven't used one like this in a zillion years but I want to get away from microwaved popcorn. I LOVE popcorn!

1 comment:

CameoRoze said...

You're a girl after my own heart. I LOVE popcorn, too. A fanatic. I got a popper for my birthday a few weeks ago. But I'm lazier than you ... mine is a 'stir crazy' so the twirly thing goes around automatically.

Gonna string some popcorn for your tree?

Blog Archive

Popular Posts