Translate

Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is...a recipe I want to share

One of my favorite recipes...and an easy easy one

Asian Marinade for Chicken Breasts (from Nancy @ Gardenweb)

Chicken done in this is flavorful and leftovers make a great salad the next day. This is enough for 5 lbs of raw chicken breasts. m notes..you can use this for chicken w/bones also

1C veg oil
¼ C sesame oil
¾ C soy sauce
1/3 C minced garlic
4 Tabsp minced ginger
2/3 C minced cilantro 5-6 green onions
1 tsp grd blk pepper

I put the onions, ginger and cilantro in the food processor and pulse till chopped fine.
Combine all and marinate chicken breasts, up to 24 hrs, but at least 1 hr if you can
I have also put marinade in a freezer bag with chicken and frozen (good to do with the left overs -m notes Nancy means that yes, you CAN freeze the raw chicken in this marinade and then thaw to cook on demand)

The weekly This is...comes from Angela over at Threebuttons. Go on over and see a list of players!

5 comments:

Hoppo Bumpo said...

Oh, this sounds lovely! Cilantro (coriander) is one of my favourite herbs, so I must give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

AnastasiaC said...

oh yum!!! im going to try this - love cooking chicken in different ways!
we have lots of coriander in our garden!

Jaime said...

This sounds so delish! I'll be trying it this week, thanks for posting it.

Oh and regarding your comment on Three Buttons - cheesecake for breakfast is the BEST!

CurlyPops said...

Yum! Great idea to marinate and then freeze it.

Bellgirl said...

Ooh yum, this sounds great!

Just catching up on the comments on my blog, thanks for dropping in and commenting on the Veg About! Would you like to join in? If so, let me know and I'll add you to my sidebar list. I've never heard of forcing lemongrass in water, perhaps you could do a tutorial?

Blog Archive

Popular Posts